This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WhenImHungry #CollectiveBias
Who says a caramel apple can only be found on a stick? This Caramel Apple Cake makes for a jaw-dropping dessert.
Caramel Apple Cake with SNICKERS® is a three layer yellow cake with baked apples, frosting, caramel, white and milk chocolate, and lots of SNICKERS®.
It is 3:00 p.m. and I’ve hit a wall. My morning started with grand plans of hitting the gym, grocery shopping, and a home-cooked meal. It is quickly spiraling into fleece pajama pants, frozen pizza, and a movie.
I know exactly what the problem is. The salad I ate for lunch just isn’t cutting it and I’m hungry… hangry, in fact. I’m just not me when I’m hungry. That is when I break for my mid-afternoon snack.
You see, writing for Savory Experiments is my second job. My day job as a psychotherapist requires a lot of attention and compassion, which can sometimes be draining.
The only way any of the fabulous recipes like this Caramel Apple Cake will ever make it to your Pinterest feed is if I can keep that momentum going.
My newest loves have been SNICKERS® Xtreme, a newly introduced bar that is pure caramel and peanuts covered in milk chocolate, and Peanut Butter Squares, because who doesn’t love peanut butter and chocolate?
On a snow day, I found myself wanting to bake and came up with Caramel Apple Cake. I love SNICKERS Green Apple Salad in the summer months, so why not create a showstopping cake to celebrate in winter?
Although this cake takes a little bit of time, it is ridiculously easy. Honest truth: I am a pretty horrible cake and cupcake decorator, but I cover up my poor frosting skills with embellishments galore. It’s an easy workaround.
For my Caramel Apple Cake with SNICKERS®, you can pick which type of SNICKERS® you prefer and also which embellishments cater your taste buds.
Regardless, I can promise you that your own Caramel Apple Cake with SNICKERS® will be a stunning piece of artwork sure to satisfy the hunger of your household.
Try some of my other easy cakes:
Caramel Apple Cake with SNICKERS®
- 2 boxes yellow cake mix
- Ingredients required by your cake mix (Vegetable oil water and eggs)
- 3 green apples cored and diced into 1-inch cubes
- 3 16- ounce tubs of white or buttercream frosting
- 3 cups favorite SNICKERS® chopped
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate candy melts
- 1/2 cup white chocolate candy melts
- Preheat oven according to package directions. Coat three 9-inch circular springform pans with cooking spray. If you do not have three pans, bake one at a time.
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, prepare both packages of yellow cake mix according to package directions, but reducing WATER BY 75%. For mine, it called for 2 cups, I used 1/2 cup. Fold in diced apples.
- Bake according to package directions or until top is golden brown and it passes the toothpick test. Remove and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Trim cakes, if needed, to lie flat. Place the first cake on serving platter. Frost liberally, sprinkle with chopped SNICKERS® and a drizzle of caramel syrup. Continue with the next two layers.
- Frost entire cake with a thin crumb catcher layer of frosting, refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Complete frosting evenly. Refrigerate again.
- Melt white and milk chocolate in a bowl or candy bags. Making two passes with both, drizzle on just the edges of the cake, coming about 1 inch into the top. The cold frosting should make the chocolate harden upon contact. Finish with caramel drizzle coming about 2 inches in. Mound remaining SNICKERS® in the center. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Drizzle with extra caramel, if desired.