This Grilled Lobster Tail recipe shows you how to prepare lobster tails in 2o minutes or less! You will be left with succulent, tender lobster tails grilled to perfection with garlic, butter, and parsley in the end!
This Grilled Lobster Tail recipe is quick and amazing! It will fulfill your seafood desires and leave you wanting more!!
Hubby and I have visited the Caribbean on several occasions and always love to sample the local fare. One of my favorite things to nosh are Grilled Lobster Tails, simply prepared with butter, loads of garlic and parsley. Cutting the tails in half, they create their own little cooking vessels for tender, sweet meat.
The lobster you eat in the Caribbean is most likely the local spiny lobster, as opposed to a Maine lobster. You can tell the difference by white spots on the tail and they are usually a little smaller than their northern cousins.
Spiny lobsters are less sweet than Maine and are therefore perfect for the added flavor of garlic.
You also want to aim for smaller (and cheaper) tails. Lobsters have very long lives and continue to grow. Older lobsters have less flavor and tougher meat. Smaller tails will also ensure even cooking. Go too big and you need to poach to prevent drying.
We buy ours frozen, as lobsters need to be cooked or frozen soon after harvesting, so unless you are buying a live one, they will surely be frozen. Luckily, at our store, once per month they go on sale for $5 per tail, so I buy a bunch and save them for later. Serve with Grilled Beef Filet with Garlic Brandy Butter or Portabella Crusted Strip Steak.
Tools for making Grilled Lobster Tails:
- Ramekins– I like giving folks their own individual sauce cups. Then you don’t have to worry about double dipping! Ramekins are also great for ingredient preparation and baking mini soufflés. If you want extra garlic butter sauce on the side, these are perfect!
- Kitchen Shears– Sometimes kitchen shears are more efficient than a knife. Jobs like snipping herbs, cutting meats or making your biscuits into fourths are good examples! Always make sure to hand wash anything with a blade, as the dishwasher will dull the edges.
If you liked these grilled lobster tails, you’ll also love these seafood recipes:
- Seafood Thai Coconut Soup
- Italian Seafood Stew
- Classic Seafood Paella
- Seafood Stuffed Shells in a Sherry Cream Sauce
- Lobster Mashed Potatoes
- Lobster Pasta with Corn, Pancetta and Creme Fraiche
- 2 lobster tails
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves ,minced
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley ,roughly chopped
- Fine sea salt and black pepper
- Using kitchen shears, cut lobster tails down the center vertically and symmetrically.
- Combine butter through parsley in a small bowl, microwave until melted.
- Heat grill to high medium-high heat. Place lobster tails on the top grill rack, meat side down for 3 minutes. Turn and spoon butter mixture over lobster meat. Close lid and grill for and additional 5 minutes or until meat is white and pearly.
- Remove and lightly season with fine sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Enjoy your Grilled Lobster Tails!
If you've made this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!