A common spice found in most pantry’s, nutmeg is used for recipes both savory and sweet. These are some of our favorite recipes that use nutmeg!
What is nutmeg?
Nutmeg is a spice made by grinding the seed of a nutmeg tree into a fine powder. It’s very fragrant and has a slightly sweet and warm taste.
As far as what it’s used for, you can add it to soups, sauces and baked goods. The options are really endless!
You can put it in spicy soups, a meat gravy, ribs, stews and even potato dishes.
Are nutmeg and cinnamon the same?
While they both have similar properties in warmth and fragrance, they are actually two very different spices. Ground cinnamon is very, very fine, where ground nutmeg generally has larger granules.
They are often used together in man dishes, however. They are both commonly found in many fall dishes, and pair well with flavors like pumpkin and apple.
Sweet Recipes That Use Nutmeg:
- Caramel Apple Bites with Brie
- Best Zucchini Bread
- Southern Peach Pie Recipe
- Gingerbread Fudge
- Cherry Dumpling Casserole
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Quick Apple Cake with Salted Caramel
- Starbucks Pumpkin Bread +VIDEO
- Eggnog Cookies
- Banana Nut Muffins
- Homemade Poultry Seasoning
- Creamed Spinach
- Instant Pot Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Maple Brussel Sprouts and Butternut Squash
- Spiced Pork Tenderloin with Cranberry Relish
- Steakhouse Steak Rub + VIDEO
- Cranberry Glazed Tri-Tip Roast
- Cheese Torte
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Ham and Cheese Egg Souffle
- Honey Glazed Carrots
- Crispy Parmesan Chicken