I love chili! And I love experimenting with chili recipes. Spicy, sweet, white, chicken, turkey, simmered all day or even made in a slow cooker. All chili recipes have their own merits and I refuse to believe that there is one singular best chili recipe. But not all chili recipes are created equal.
Instant Pot Chili is a gold star chili. A simple chili recipe using jalapeño, chili seasoning, beans and beef ready in just 20 minutes!
While I do have my own quick chili recipes that are good, I prefer my chili to simmer for hours upon hours letting the flavors marry and develop. However, I don’t always have the luxury of time (or foresight.) The Instant Pot solves that problem.
Instant Pot Chili allows me to make it fast, but not sacrifice sophisticated flavor. This is a spicy chili recipe using chili powder, jalapeños and pepper jack cheese to add heat. Both pinto and black beans add creaminess to lean ground beef and juicy tomatoes.
Pair this spicy chili with a complementing sweet cornbread or with my jalapeño cornbread muffins. And if you are a chili lover like me, scroll on down to check out even more award winning chili recipes!
If you haven’t gotten on the Instant Pot train yet, you should. This bad boy has several functions that make life easier, but the main one is as an electric pressure cooker. Check out my article on the Instant Pot Basics.
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 green bell pepper , seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapenos , seeded and minced
- 1 pound ground beef 90% lean
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 15 ounces black beans , drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces red kidney beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese , shredded for topping
Set Instant Pot to saute function. Add light olive oil.
When hot, add onion, garlic, bell pepper and jalapenos. Saute for 3-4 minutes or until slightly softened.
Add ground beef, breaking into pieces for 1-2 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients, except pepper jack cheese. Stir together.
Lock lid, set vent to "sealed." Use manual setting in high pressure for 20 minutes. Allow for natural release, approximately 20 minutes.
Stir well, ladle into soup bowls and top with shredded pepper jack cheese.
I am excited to share that I just joined a fun, new group of bloggers that love to celebrate, what? FOOD!!! We’ll be gathering the best blogger recipes around for popular food holidays and sharing them with you. This month we are celebrating National Chili Day (February 23rd). Check out these and few more of my favorites and tell me WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE WAY TO MAKE CHILI in the comments!
Celebrating Food Hearty Chili Recipes:
- Instant Pot White Chicken Chili – Ashley Marie
- Taco Chili– An Italian In My Kitchen
- Taco Chili– Simply Stacie
- Chicken Enchilada Chili– Creations by Kara
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili – Real Mom Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Chili– Pretty Providence
- Creamy White Chicken Chili– Crumb
- Sweet Potato Chili– Namely Marly
- Pork Verde Chili – The Baker Upstairs
- Instant Pot Turkey Lentil Chili– 365 Days of Slow Cooking + Pressure Cooking
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili– My Mommy Style
- Instant Pot Turkey and Bean Chili– Supergolden Bakes
- Jalapeno Popper Turkey Chili– Premeditated Leftovers
- Award Winning Crockpot Chili– Heather Likes Food
Even more fabulous chili recipes!
- Blue Ribbon Award Winning Chili
- Simple Chili
- Red Beef Chili – Made with whole steak!
- Chili Verde
- Easy Chili
- Award Winning Crockpot Chili– Wishes and Dishes
- Maple Bacon and Ham Baked Bean Chili– Big Bear’s Wife
- Slow Cooker Southwestern Chili– Eazy Peazy Mealz
- Easy Turkey Chili– Sugar and Soul
- Crockpot Weight Watchers Chili– Real Housemoms
- Chicken and Bacon White Chili – Bread, Booze, Bacon
- Buffalo Chicken Chili– Go Go Go Gourmet
- Paleo Pumpkin Chili– My Suburban Kitchen
- Easy Black Bean Chili– That Skinny Chick Can Bake