The Instant Pot is the perfect way to prepare brisket is you don’t have hours to slow cook. You’ll b blown away by how moist and flavorful my Instant Pot BBQ Brisket is!
Instant Pot BBQ Brisket is the perfect dinner idea! Brisket will stay moist and offer loads of flavor.
This post is sponsored by the Certified Angus Beef® brand in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
I’m not going to lie, brisket is a tricky cut of beef. For that reason, many stay far away. For those folks, I am here to tell you that the Instant Pot is the ultimate way to make brisket fast!
Brisket is a cut of beef that comes from the chest of the cow. Because it is a tougher cut, it is nearly always slow cooked, whether it be braised, simmered or smoked. If slow cooked properly, the connective tissue breaks down resulting in fork tender beef.
It is also known for being a large cut of beef, commonly sold in 3 and 4 pound increments. It is also a staple of Texas BBQ.
Making brisket in the Instant Pot combines the best of all these worlds. It speeds up the slow cooking process, allowing those connective tissues to dissolve in a fraction of the time.
Another way to make any meat melt-in-your-mouth is to slice it against the grain. This literally shortens the fiber because you literally cut them. Here is a nifty picture to show how to slice against the grain.
A light bating with a meat mallet also helps to break down those fibers before cooking even starts. The simmer liquid, a quick homemade BBQ sauce, imparts flavor and also serves as the slightly sweet dressing sauce.
When shopping for your brisket, make sure you are at a store that carries Certified Angus Beef® brand.The last thing you want after dropping some major coin on this lovely cut of meat is subpar quality.
Certified Angus Beef® brand guarantees beef that has already undergone a rigorous 10 point quality check including marbling and maturity, consistent sizing and quality appearance and tenderness.
If you want to save even more time, use a bottled BBQ sauce instead of my quick homemade BBQ sauce. Adding Liquid Smoke is going to give you the illusion a long smoked brisket without the hassle.
Even if you use a bottled BBQ sauce, a few drops of Liquid Smoke will still give you that freshly smoked flavor.
If you enjoy beef like I do, make sure you check out some my other Certified Angus Beef® brand recipes!
Tools for making Instant Pot BBQ Brisket:
Instant Pot – Pretty essential for any Instant Pot Recipe, huh?
Meat Mallet – for anger management and tenderizing your meat!
Craving Knife – Do yourself a favor and have a good, quality carving knife. Your meat will thank you.
Watch our Instant Pot BBQ Brisket Video!
- 2 pound Certified Angus Beef Brisket
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup beef broth
- ½ red onion
- 2 garlic cloves , lightly smashed
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic , finely minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Combine Kosher salt, garlic powder and onion powder in a small bowl.
- Using a meat mallet, tenderize both sides of the brisket, then massage with Kosher salt mixture. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients for BBQ sauce including ketchup, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, Liquid Smoke, chili powder, white pepper, celery salt and yellow mustard.
- In the inner pot of your Instant Pot, combine onion, garlic and beef broth. Lay tenderized beef brisket on top and then cover with 1/2 of BBQ sauce mixture, set the rest aside for serving.
- Lock the lid in place and set to Manual, high pressure for 60 minutes. Allow to naturally release for 10 minutes before quick releasing remaining pressure.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining BBQ sauce in a small sauce pan. Keep warm until serving.
- Remove to a cutting board, slicing thinly against the grain.
- Serve slices topped with reserved BBQ sauce.
For even more fabulous beef recipes, check out www.certifiedangusbeef.com .