Jalapenos are a medium sized pepper that is commonly used in Mexican recipes. While milder than some other pepper variations, it still adds a little kick!
What are jalapenos?
According to Wikipedia, jalapenos are medium sized chili peppers that are about 5-10 cm long when fully mature. They are commonly picked and used once they reach a dark green color. They tend to be slightly spicy, and are used in a lot of Mexican cuisine. Compared to most pepper, though, jalapenos are generally mild on the Scoville Scale.
These are our favorite recipes that use jalapenos:
- Mexican Cheesy Rolls
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
- Cheesy Jalapeno Quesadillas
- Creamy Stuffed Mushrooms with Jalapenos
- Jalapeno Wings
- Slow Cooker Bacon Mac and Cheese
- Jalapeno Cheese Pull Apart Bread
- Jalapeno Fry Sauce
- Spicy Pineapple Sauce
- Jalapeno Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls
- Mini Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins
- Flemings Jalapeno Potatoes Recipe
- Strawberry Jalapeno Crostini
- Jalapeno Pineapple Sauce
- Jalapeno Popper Potato Skins
- Jalapeno Poppers
- Walking Tacos
- Breakfast Tacos
- Smothered Chicken Burritos
- Tomatillo Salsa Verde