I love quick and easy meals are the name of the game, so this easy chili recipe fits right into my recipe box!
This Simple Chili only takes 30 minutes to throw together and will leave you wanting more. Lean beef, a blend of beans and spices, plus tomatoes and peppers make this packed with healthy ingredients.
I do love slow simmered homemade chili recipes with fresh spices and robust flavor, but let’s get real, we don’t always have the time. When I get a hankering for chili, I whip up a bowl of my Simple Chili, which, in my opinion is also one of the best chili recipes.
Simplicity is the key. Simple ingredients will lend the best chili. It is just that easy! While the ingredients list looks long, it is a one-pot meal ready in just 30 minutes and several of those ingredients are canned or spices.
There is one unconventional chili ingredient that really amps up the flavor: Worchestire Sauce! Used in so many other recipes to bring out the natural beef flavor, why not chili too?
Another thing I love about this quick chili recipe, is that its a one-pot meal. Using a lean beef or turkey means you don’t have to stop and drain out all the fat or dirty up another dish. Just brown it and add the rest!
Now time for chili toppings and I’m pretty sure no one will ever be in agreement. Sour cream, avocado, oyster crackers, cheese, more cheese, even more cheese, jalapenos, did I say cheese? Do it up however you’d like or don’t dress it at all. My easy chili recipe will be one your family will love!
More easy chili recipes:
CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Pinterest | Instagram
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound ground lean beef/turkey*
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 2 15 ounce cans petite diced tomatoes drained
- 15 ounce can pinto beans rinsed & drained
- 15 ounce can kidney beans rinsed & drained
- 2 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon Mexican chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
- Toppings of your choice
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add turkey or beef and cook until nearly browned, stirring frequently, approximately 5-7 minutes. Since the meat is lean, it should not require any draining.
- Add onion and bell pepper and cook until softened, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring to combine.
- Bring to simmer for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and top with your choice of garnishes, cheese, sour cream, raw onions or anything else you can imagine!
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!