Oh, pulled pork. How I love thee. My new favorite pulled pork recipe is Instant Pot Pulled Pork!
Instant Pot Pulled Pork is fork tender pork seasoned with a sweet and zesty seasoned and cooked in just 1 hour to perfection! Perfect for sandwiches, tacos or to eat on it’s own.
So put away your slow cooker pulled pork and crock pot pulled pork recipes and check out this pressure cooker pulled pork!
Can we start by discussing the versatility of pulled pork? Make it into sandwiches, pile it on mashed potatoes, stuff it into a potato or just eat it on its own.
In general, pulled pork isn’t made simmered in BBQ sauce. Instead, rub it in some spices, give it a liquid base to keep it moist and at the very end, for serving, add your favorite BBQ sauce (or none at all)!
If you haven’t already noticed, I LOVE pulled pork. I’ve been trying to figure out how to make pulled pork in the easiest, most delicious way for years now and with this instant pot pulled pork recipe, I think I’ve finally found it.
This Instant Pot Pulled Pork is so full of flavor but still made using ingredients you likely already have on your spice rack or fridge.
And the best part….pressure cooker pulled pork is ready in just one hour! That’s it. One hour to the most delicious, tender pulled pork you’ll ever have in your life.
Even though I love pulled pork, there were so many times I thought about making it but never did because I hadn’t pre-planned. Now, as long as I have pork, I can make this whenever the craving strikes.
Instant Pot Pulled Pork is great for making easy pulled pork sandwiches for parties and gatherings. Make them as sliders to serve a bigger group. Great for game day too! Stuff them into pretzel rolls, make it into nachos or even make a sweet and spicy donut sandwich.
Make sure to make one of my two favorite coleslaw for pulled pork!
More Instant Pot recipes!
- Instant Pot Chicken Paella
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Instant Pot Angel Food Cake
Instant Pot Pulled Pork
- Combine light brown sugar, paprika, cumin, Kosher salt, ground pepper and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Trim pork butt of excess fat, rinse and pat dry. Rub brown sugar mixture on pork.
- Heat vegetable oil in Instant Pot on saute.
- Add pork, browning on all sides. If your pork butt doesn’t fit, cut it into 2-3 pieces and work in batches.
- In another bowl, whisk together ketchup,apple cider vinegar, worcestershire sauce, dried minced onion and water.
- Pour over pork in the inner pot.
- Lock lid in place and set vent to “sealed”. Change function to Manual, high pressure and set for 60 minutes.
- Use the natural release function. Remove and shred using two forks.
- You can return pork to the leftover sauce or you can ladle it out, skim the fat off and blend it with 1 tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water to thicken.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back to let us know how it was!