Looking for quick and easy instant pot chicken recipes? This easy Instant Pot Chicken Paella is for you!
Instant Pot Chicken Paella is one of the best instant pot recipes! Made using a few shortcuts and simple ingredients, this chicken paella is ready in no time!
My instant pot is my new favorite kitchen accessory. I’m having so much fun on my search for the best instant pot recipes! This Instant Pot Chicken Paella is definitely one of my favorites so far as it’s so easy but packed with flavor. I’ve never made a chicken and rice recipe this easy?
So, first, what is paella? Paella is a Spanish rice dish, typically served in a large pan and topped with chicken or seafood. To make this Instant Pot Chicken Paella, I took a few shortcuts to make this quick and easy dish.
Bomba rice is the traditional rice for paella, but you can use any short grained rice. I like to use arborio, which is typically used for risotto. It is typically easier to find and cheaper than bomba.
Salsa functions as a makeshift sofrito. With a base of tomato, garlic and onion it is only missing the bell pepper, which we will add at the end. I like using a thick and chunky salsa so it has plenty of depth.
The liquid absorbs into the rice itself giving it flavor and adds to the beautiful hue along with saffron. Chicken stock also gives more flavor than water alone.
If you are so inclined, you can also add a pound of cooked and shelled shrimp at the same time as the roasted red pepper and frozen peas.
Really any additional cooked seafood or meat can be added at this time. Seafood is traditionally found in paella along with chicken, so I do like to add it sometimes, especially if I’m serving guests.
Traditional paella can take a while to cook but yet another reason to love my instant pot is that this easy paella recipe is ready in just minutes! Never before has flavorful paella been just a 30 minute meal.
This chicken and rice recipe is a great comfort food recipe for the cooler months too. Sometimes I just want something hearty and warming that’s not classic comfort food, which this definitely is.
If you’re looking for new instant pot chicken recipes, don’t miss this one. I can’t wait to make it again!
Since you like this Instant Pot Chicken Paella recipe, you may like these other easy instant pot recipes:
- Instant Pot Corned Beef & Cabbage
- Instant Pot Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Instant Pot BBQ Brisket
- Instant Pot Bang Bang Chicken
Instant Pot Chicken Paella is based off the traditional Spanish dish. Flavorful & ready in just minutes, this will be your go-to chicken and rice recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chorizo chicken sausage , thinly sliced
- 1 heaping cup arborio rice
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper , chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- lemon wedges , for serving
- parsley , for garnish
- Heat olive oil on saute function in inner pot of Instant Pot.
- Add thinly sliced chicken sausage, cooking until lightly browned, approximately 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken sausage to a plate, leaving seasoned oil in the inner pot.
- Add arborio rice, saffron, fine sea salt, thick and chunky salsa and chicken stock to inner pot. Stir and lock lid in place with vent sealed.
- Set to manual high pressure for 8 minutes.
Use quick release. Stir in roasted red pepper, frozen peas and chicken sausage. Replace lid and continue on "keep warm" function for 4-5 minutes.
- Stir again before serving with fresh lemon juice and parsley.
If you've tried this recipe, please come back and let us know how it was!