“This post has been sponsored by Tyson Foods, inc. and Uncle Bens. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”
We run a busy household. Work, playdates, gym, errands, appointments. The list goes on. So, how do we make sure we serve balanced meals in a jiffy?
Quick Szechuan Chicken and Rice is an easy dinner recipe featuring chicken strips, brussels sprouts, carrots and pineapple over brown rice. All ready in 15 minutes!
Head to Safeway for Tyson® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips and Uncle Ben’s® Ready Rice® Whole Grain Brown to make a spicy and well-rounded meal in just 15 minutes!
Click below to save on Tyson and Uncle Ben’s at your local store.
How do you make dinner in just 15 minutes? By using 100% all-natural, made with white meat Tyson® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips. Because they are fully cooked and not frozen, they just require heating before being served.
Brussels sprouts are quickly sautéed before being tossed with shredded carrot, pineapple, spicy peppers, and a simple, homemade Szechuan sauce. The sweet and spicy Szechuan sauce uses natural juices from the canned pineapple with soy sauce, ground ginger and chili garlic sauce.
You can adjust the heat to your liking and even add more with crushed red pepper before serving. My family tends to like it hot, hot, HOT!
And the last element to my quick Szechuan Chicken and Rice is, of course, the rice! Seriously, what did we do before Uncle Ben’s® Ready Rice®?
I keep a stash of every flavor in the pantry but for this dish, Uncle Ben’s® Ready Rice® Whole Grain Brown Rice is the answer. Just 90 seconds in the microwave and your meal is complete. Tada!
Quick Szechuan Chicken and Rice is just one of the many recipes you can make with these two time-saving ingredients. The possibilities are endless! Another one of our favorites is fresh broccoli with cheddar cheese.
Tyson® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips are perfect for making salads and for the kiddos; my 1-year-old loves eating them as a snack or part of her meal. Uncle Ben’s® Ready Rice® Whole Grain Brown is great as part of your meal, a side dish, or, for me, I even make a packet to eat for lunch.
Look for Tyson® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips near the meat department in the refrigeration, pre-cooked section. Uncle Ben’s® Ready Rice® Whole Grain Brown is right there in the rice aisle. Easy to find, easy to prepare!
To make your life even easier, download and check out the Safeway app—perfect for finding money saving coupons, online ordering for speedy pick-up, and, in some areas, grocery delivery!
- 12 oz Tyson® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips
- 8.8 oz Uncle Ben's® Ready Rice® Whole Grain Brown
- 1 pound brussels sprouts , trimmed and quartered
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup carrots , shredded
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks in natural juices
- 1 jalapeno or habanero pepper , thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch or arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- Drain pineapple chunks, reserving 1/3 cup pineapple juice. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Add quartered brussels sprouts, sautéing for 4-5 minutes or until they start to soften and turn a vibrant green.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce and cornstarch until dissolved.
- Add reserved pineapple juice and ground ginger, mix until well combined. Add 1-2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce, depending on much heat you like.
- Add sauce, shredded carrots, sliced habanero peppers, pineapple chunks and chicken strips, tossing to combine.
- Continue to heat for 3-4 minutes or until sauce has slightly thickened and coats the other ingredients.
- Meanwhile, heat Uncle Ben's® Ready Rice® Whole Grain Brown Rice according to package directions.
- Serve Szechuan chicken over rice, topping with additional crushed red pepper flakes if you like it really HOT!
If you’ve tried this recipe, make sure to come back and let us know how it was!
If you liked this Easy Dinner Recipe, snag a copy of my Easy Dinner Recipes Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, here is a small collection of time-saving, hearty and satisfying dinners guaranteed to get you in and out in 30 minutes or less!