This easy recipe only takes 10 minutes of prep time from the fridge to the slow cooker! There is nothing better than being able to put dinner on before going out and having it finished before you get home!
Do you like carry-out Chinese Beef and Broccoli? Then you’ll love my version of Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli!
Slow cookers are absolutely amazing when you are short on time! And when you get home your meal is practically done! When it comes to slow cooker beef and broccoli, there are a few more steps and you will have a amazingly tasty dinner on the table in no time!
The purpose of using a slow cooker is to SET IT AND FORGET IT! I say that a lot when I am making a slow cooker meal… you have to yell it though… just like the infomercials.
Crock pots also bring out all the flavors. While it’s stewing, the flavors are mixing and the beef will be falling apart by the time you eat it! When it come to easy beef recipes, this is my favorite!
This recipe only has four steps and you can let it cook while you’re out of the house!
I don’t want to spend time chopping a large amount of ingredients, browning meat or sautéing vegetables before throwing everything into the magic cooking machine; it defeats the whole purpose. If it is a slow cooker meal I expect to do the least amount of prep work before I leave in the morning and before putting it on the table.
This is a recipe I developed equal to the likes of Chinese delivery beef and broccoli; a little bit healthier, a whole lot cheaper and with mounds more flavor. If you like slow cooker meals, make sure you check out my Slow Cooker Pinterest board!
If you loved this Chinese beef and broccoli recipe, be sure to check out some of these easy slow cooker recipes:
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- Slow Cooker Italian Beef Hoagies
- Slow Cooker Garlic Dill Mashed Potatoes
- Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Dip
- 2-3 pounds chuck roast beef , trimmed
- 1 medium white onion , sliced
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3-4 teaspoons garlic , minced
- 2 cups beef stock
- 12 ounces bag frozen broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds , optional
- 4 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/4 cup scallions , sliced for garnish
- 3-4 teaspoons fresh ginger , grated
Slice beef into 1/2 inch strips against the grain. Place in slow cooker along with sliced onion, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic, ginger and beef stock. Give it a quick a stir.
- Place on high for 3 hours or 6 on low.
- Add frozen broccoli. Spoon out 1/2 cup of liquid and whisk with corn starch. Continue to cook for 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice and garnish with sesame seeds and scallions, if desired.