When I think of Alfredo, I think of a deliciously creamy sauce that I can smother my pasta in. This Easy Alfredo Sauce is so easy to make and so appetizing.
Add roasted red peppers, peas, and some shrimp to your sauce and you have a winning dish!
Easy Alfredo Sauce can be made so many different ways. This shows you how to make Easy Alfredo Sauce into a simple yet delicious dish! All you need is butter, garlic, cream, and parmesan cheese to build your base!
Alfredo sauce is a classic Italian recipe used in many different dishes throughout the United States, most commonly fettuccine Alfredo. However, the name is virtually unknown in Italy.
Instead, Alfredo sauce is simply referred to as “bianco” or “white” sauce. It is a quick cooking sauce, making dinner fast and easy, which is another added bonus.
The options for what to add to your Alfredo sauce are virtually endless. I like mine with seafood, mostly shrimp, but seared scallops, calamari and salmon are also good choices.
Many prefer chicken, but you can even use beef or pork. Add as many vegetables as you want.
This version uses frozen peas, but I also like roasted red peppers and thinly sliced onion. Mushrooms and other root vegetables are also commonly used.
Don’t forget to add a little salty bacon, pancetta or prosciutto, making it more similar to a carbonara (minus the egg).
While a classic alfredo recipe might seem like a “fancy night” meal, the pasta will actually take longer to cook that the Alfredo sauce.
It is most commonly served with fettuccine, alfredo sauce is actually better paired with some sort of shell or elbow so there are lots of nooks and crannies for the sauce to hide in. I also enjoy it over tortellini. But really, just use what you like.
There is no wrong way to create this dish. Think of it as your masterpiece and add or subtract whatever you want to create your perfect dish! Trust me, you can’t go wrong with Alfredo sauce combined with anything!
Check out these other easy pasta recipes:
- Bolognese Sauce
- Spaghetti and Peas
- Broccoli Chicken Alfredo
- Shrimp Scampi
- Quick Chicken Cacciatore
- Baked Ziti Pie
- Avocado Pasta Sauce
- Chicken Stuffed Shells
- Ham and Cheese Tortellini
Tools for making Easy Alfredo Sauce:
Heavy Bottom Sauce Pan– this will be one of your most used kitchen tools. Having something that is heavy bottom will distribute heat better and prevent burning whether you are using an electric or gas range.
Wood cutting board – wood won’t dull your knives like plastic and if treated properly, has natural antimicrobial properties.
Good knife – Global is my favorite! They are worth the price, I promise. I am kind of obsessed with them and store them tucked away so no one else can use them. Including hubby. Hands off my good stuff!
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
Easy Alfredo Sauce
- 4 cloves garlic , crushed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese , finely shredded
- Fine sea salt and epper
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers , chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 pound shrimp , cooked, peeled, tails removed
- Pasta of Choice , cooked
- crushed red pepper , optional
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic. Sauté over medium heat until garlic starts to disintegrate (about 5 minutes). Continue to stir to cook evenly.
- Pour in cream and shredded Parmesan cheese. Whisk until blended and smooth, approximately 4 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, continue to whisk.
- Add roasted red pepper, peas and shrimp. Heat for 2 minutes. Sauce will lightly coat the back of a spoon, but not be globby or heavy. The sauce will separate if over heated, so do not raise heat above medium.
- Toss with cooked pasta.