Cheesy Garlic Bread is made with a blend of cheese, cream cheese, garlic and seasonings to make the BEST garlic bread you’ve ever tasted!
Cheesy Garlic Bread is one of those simple recipes that my guests always requests. When hubby goes to the hunting camp for a week with his buddies, I send 2 pounds of Cheesy Garlic Bread spread. It is THAT GOOD!
Like many things in this world, not all garlic bread is created equal. And, in fact, garlic bread is really just an American thing. You’d be hard pressed to find it in Italy unless you went to an establishment that caters to tourists. But here in the states, and as an Italian-American myself, it is perfectly acceptable to serve Cheesy Garlic Bread with your Italian dishes.
In fact, it is completely accept to serve Cheesy Italian Bread with any dish Italian or not! Why? Because it is delicious! My Cheesy Italian goes a step further and not only adds shredded cheese, but also cream cheese. You teeth will literally sink into the cheesiness. And that is what is is all about, right?
Another difference, instead of using garlic powder or raw garlic, I use roasted garlic. Roasted garlic gives the essence of garlicky-ness without being overpowered and making you peel the paint at night. It is an extra step that takes a little longer, so if you want to toss in a tablespoon of granulated garlic or a couple cloves of raw garlic, be my guest! At some grocers you can even purchase roasted garlic, which is another option. But in reality, it is SUPER easy and nothing beats fresh from the oven. Check out my post on How to Roast Garlic before you get started.
Tools for baking Cheesy Garlic Bread:
- Rimmed Baking Sheet – Really, every kitchen should have one, but they are especially handy for items like this that are prone to rolling off the edges when being flung in and out of the oven.
- Wood cutting board – wood won’t dull your knives like plastic and if treated properly, has natural antimicrobial properties.
- Good knife – Global is my favorite! They are worth the price, I promise. I am kind of obsessed with them and store them tucked away so no one else can use them. Including hubby. Hands off my good stuff!
Even though Cheesy Garlic Bread isn’t actually Italian, here are some delightful Italian main dishes to pair it with!
- Bolognese Sauce
- Lemony Artichoke Pesto
- Creamy Vodka Sauce
- Limoncello Shrimp Crostini
- Veal Ragu
- Squid Ink Pasta with White Wine Sauce
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a stand mixer, blend together butter and cream cheese.
Add Italian cheeses, roasted garlic, parsley and sea salt.
Slather onto each piece of bread and set on a rimmed baking sheet.
Bake for 10-15minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Remove and slice into bread sticks or cubes.