Caramel Apple Bites are the quintessential fall treat. The best of my favorite autumn treats, caramel apples and apple pie, they are much easier to make and perfect for bringing to parties and events.
Caramel Apple Bites with Brie are a quick apple tart recipe using puff pastry. The best mix between mini caramel apples and salted caramel apple pie!
What makes my Caramel Apple Bites different from the rest? Two things: the addition of rich, creamy brie and using Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry!
Brie is the perfect pairing with apples and fall flavors, making these not only mini caramel apple bites, but also bite-sized brie en croute, which happens to be one of my favorite “hostess with the mostess” dishes.
Puff Pastry Sheets are one of the items in my kitchen that I deem to be essential. I always have at least 2 packages in the freezer. They can be easily defrosted and are super verstile for appetizers, munchies, savory meals and desserts.
Just about any dish or small combination of flavors can be made into puff pastry pocket, tart or tartlet, instantly elevating it from ho-hum to extraordinary.
In my house, I never know when I’ll have guests, but I can add nearly anything to puff pastry and have a beautiful platter in no time at all.
Flaky puff pastry sheets add texture, flavor and visual pizazz, making any expertise level of home cook into a superstar. I’ve learned most of my puff pastry hacks from the Pepperidge Farm® website where you can also find even more wow worthy recipes!
And of course, Caramel Apple Bites are my favorite! They are easy to make, require just a few ingredients and can even be served room temperture or warm!
Here are even more recipes perfect for creating wow worthy entertaining recipes using Puff Pastry Sheets!
- Mini Beef Wellington
- Apple Cream Cheese Strudel
- Persimmon Tart
- Savory Pinwheel Recipes
- Baked Brie with Fig Jam
- And recipes made with BRIE!
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
Caramel Apple Bite with Brie
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, grease the wells of 24 mini muffin tins.
- Roll out Puff Pastry Sheet on a floured surface. Roll each into a rectangle, cut into 12 2-inch squares. Press each into a muffin well.
- Brush each with beaten egg and bake for 10-12 minutes or until light brown.
- Remove from oven and using a spoon, pat down the centers of each to make a well large enough for brie and apple mix. Remove from pan to cool.
- While Puff Pastry is baking, combine apples, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small sauce pan. Stir over medium-low heat until apples are soft.
- Place a small piece of brie in each Puff Pastry Bite, top with a small amount of apple mix, caramel sauce and sprinkle of Fleur de Sel.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!