If you are anything like me, the holidays are hitting you like a ton of bricks. I haven’t even started to plan my Thanksgiving menu, let alone my Christmas menu.
I feel like I am just barely treading water so I turn to a trusty cocktail to knock one thing off of the list.
Orange Frost Cocktail is a refreshing and festive holiday cocktail. Blended with Sagamore Spirit rye whiskey, lemon and orange juices, and maple syrup, you should make this your holiday party cocktail!
That one cocktail I am talking about is the Orange Frost Cocktails with Sagamore Spirit. I am hosting 10 people and they will all be drinking this celebratory and warming libation.
Sagamore Spirit is Baltimore’s own rye whiskey, made on a local farm with pure and naturally filtered spring water, fed from a limestone aquifer.
Make sure you PIN Orange Frost Cocktail!
It is quickly becoming the local’s choice for straight whiskey and also creative cocktails.
What makes Sagamore Spirit different?
- Tantalizing aroma- this whiskey gives you a big old hug with just one sniff with complex and captivating aromas of warm cinnamon, vanilla bean, honey, and nutmeg.
- Refined palate- Smooth mouth-feel, with caramel and molasses up front and peppery baking spices on the end.
- Rich color- Beautiful bonfire glow with amber with gold undertones.
- Distinctive Finish- A refreshing and zesty rye spiciness without making the “pucker face”.
Whiskey is one of those spirits that is inherently warming and what designates rye whiskey from say a bourbon, is that it is made from a mash of at least 51% rye grain. Mash is a liquid created by adding hot water to something (in this case a grain) to create fermentable sugar from the starches.
Rye is a grass that is a member of the wheat family and closely related to barley. It can be processed into grain for things like whiskey or used as a cover crop or a forage crop for livestock.
When it is harvested as a grain, it is used in things like rye flour to then be used in bread and crackers and it can also then be used to make beer, some vodkas, some whiskey, and obviously rye whiskey.
Create a festive Sagamore Spirit “make your own cocktail” bar at your next party. Serve Orange Frost Cocktails with:
Place recipes for all cocktails in colorful holiday picture frames and supply your guests with all the garnishes and ingredients they need to be their own bartender.
Make sure to enjoy Orange Frost Cocktails responsibly, only serve to those who are 21 years or older and do not drink or drive.
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
Orange Frost Cocktail
- Shake and serve over ice. Garnish with orange slices and a dash of nutmeg.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!
Photos and recipe courtesy of Sagamore Spirit. Learn more about Sagamore Spirit at sagemorespirit.com.