Quick and easy breakfasts are my jam, which is why I love these pancake muffins.
They’re easy homemade pancakes that are perfect for breakfast on the go…because who has time to stand and flip pancakes all morning? Simply pour them into a muffin tin and be done!
Homemade pancakes are my favorite breakfast food but, as I’ve mentioned before, breakfast is not a meal I typically have a lot of time to prepare.
Quick and easy is my morning breakfast routine and though they’re not necessarily difficult to make, quick is not a word I would use to describe traditional homemade pancakes.
They’re not a food you can leave cooking while you finish getting ready, unless you’d like one side to be completely burnt.
That’s where these Pancake Muffins come in. With these, I turned my favorite pancake recipe into a grab-and-go breakfast that can bake while I finish getting ready.
No need to hover over the stove waiting for the pancakes to be the perfect amount of cooked before flipping. No flipping required at all, actually.
As well regular pancakes, mixing the batter too much can lead to tough or chewy Pancake Muffins, when they really should be light and fluffy.
The fun part about these delicious pancakes is adding your favorite toppings. I love to mix it up between chocolate chips, berries, and walnuts. Great for kids and slumber parties to let everyone create their own. Here are more ideas!
- Nutella (though be prepared for these to be messy)
- Fruity Pebbles
- Any fresh fruit
- Peanut Butter Chips
- Butterscotch Chips
- Chocolate Syrup
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Swap vanilla extract for lemon, rum, butter or almond
You can eat these Pancake Muffins two ways – as traditional pancakes at breakfast, with syrup and butter, or as breakfast on the go.
Syrup isn’t exactly portable so on busy mornings I’ll grab one or two Pancake Muffins, slather on some butter, and eat them without syrup in the car.
Make Ahead & Freezing
Can you make them ahead of time? You sure can! Although I would recommend reheating them in the oven so they don’t ge rubbery like breads tend to do in the microwave.
You can also make the batter ahead of time and just refrigerate until ready to bake.
Can you freeze pancake muffins? Sure! Freeze them in an airtight plastic bag, being mindful to get out as much air as possible. They are good for up to 4 months.
More easy homemade pancakes:
Stand Mixer- While this is an investment, I can guarantee you will use it more than you realize and will never regret the decision
Muffin Tins– this recipe is meant to be made with a standard size muffin tin with 12 wells.Pancake Muffins are a quick and easy pancake recipe that's perfect for busy mornings. Enjoy these homemade pancakes at home or on the go.
CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Pinterest | Instagram
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs until fluffy.
- Whisk in melted buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add dry mixture to wet mixture. Do not overmix. Batter will be lumpy.
- Coat 2 muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Equally divide batter into 24 muffin tins, about 1/2 full.
- Place add-ins on top of batter.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until edges start to crisp and brown.
- Remove and serve with butter and syrup.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!