Quick and easy breakfasts are my jam, which is why I love these pancake muffins. They’re homemade pancakes that are perfect for breakfast on the go…because who has time to stand and flip pancakes all morning?
Pancake Muffins take your favorite homemade pancake recipe and turn it into an easy grab-and-go breakfast. No fuss or flipping involved, with all of the pancake flavor included!
Homemade pancakes are my favorite breakfast food but, as I’ve mentioned before, breakfast is not a meal I typically have a lot of time to prepare. Quick and easy is my morning breakfast routine and though they’re not necessarily difficult to make, quick is not a word I would use to describe traditional homemade pancakes.
They’re not a food you can leave cooking while you finish getting ready, unless you’d like one side to be completely burnt.
That’s where these Pancake Muffins come in. With these, I turned my favorite pancake recipe into a grab-and-go breakfast that can bake while I finish getting ready.
No need to hover over the stove waiting for the pancakes to be the perfect amount of cooked before flipping. No flipping required at all, actually.
As mentioned, I used my favorite pancake batter recipe to make these Pancake Muffins. When mixing the batter, be careful to not overmix.
As well regular pancakes, mixing the batter too much can lead to tough or chewy Pancake Muffins, when they really should be light and fluffy.
The fun part about these Pancake Muffins is adding your favorite toppings. I love to mix it up between chocolate chips, berries, and walnuts. Other ideas include sprinkles, Nutella (though be prepared for these to be messy) or even cereal, like Trix or Fruity Pebbles.
You can eat these Pancake Muffins two ways – as traditional pancakes at breakfast, with syrup and butter, or as breakfast on the go. Syrup isn’t exactly portable so on busy mornings I’ll grab one or two Pancake Muffins, slather on some butter, and eat them without syrup in the car.
If you’re like me and love pancakes but just don’t have the time to prepare them regularly, definitely give these Pancake Muffins a shot.
Since you like these Pancake Muffins, you may like these other easy homemade pancakes:
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons butter , melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs until fluffy.
- Whisk in melted buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add dry mixture to wet mixture. Do not overmix. Batter will be lumpy.
- Coat 2 muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Equally divide batter into 24 muffin tins, about 1/2 full.
- Place add-ins on top of batter.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until edges start to crisp and brown.
- Remove and serve with butter and syrup.
If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!