Taco Burgers are the perfect easy weeknight meal or a fun way to make a backyard BBQ a little spicer! You can even prepare your Taco Burger Patties ahead of time and freeze them so they ready for you when the craving hits.
Taco Burgers are a spicy mix of tacos and burgers! Topped with pico de gallo, avocado slices, jalapenos, pepper jack cheese and cool sour cream.
Taco Burgers are a sponsored post on behalf of Certified Angus Beef brand. All opinions and statements are 100% my own.
The recipe for Taco Burgers was originally called Mexican Hamburgers, but is was really more of a Tex-Mex with traditional latin and taco flavors, so it went through a brief makeover. The inspiration behind it was coming up with new ways to use ground beef.
This was my attempt at using ground beef in a recipe and also coming up with a fun new hamburger recipe. Because honestly, can you ever have enough?
For the best burgers, I start with Certified Angus Beef brand.I don’t have to mess around with checking out the texture and marbling, just seeing the label means it has already been scrutinized and presumed worthy by the brand itself.
I can just pick it up and move along. Also make sure to check out my 10 Tips for Better Burgers before you get started!
To save time, albeit a small amount, you can use a packaged taco mix instead of making your own. What is the plus to making your own? You can control the heat.
To reduce spice, cut down on crushed red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper. You can also opt to make your own Pico de Gallo or pick some up at the store. Sriracha Sour Cream, sometimes called Mexican Yum Yum, is also a good pick.
More burger recipes!
Tools for making Taco Burgers:
Double Hamburger Press – I used to think this thing was silly and unnecessary, but I’ve used it more times than I know to make pretty, uniform burgers! We also have a mini slider press we use quite frequently.
Bamboo Toothpicks– A small touch that goes a long way when you are making a massively large burger or serving them at a gathering.
CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Pinterest | Instagram
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
Mexican Taco Hamburgers
Taco Burger Patties:
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 pound ground beef 20/80 preferred
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- Mix chile powder through ground coriander in a small bowl. Set aside. *See note
- In a large bowl, tear apart ground beef into smaller bits. Toss gently with spice mix (or taco seasoning).
- Divide ground beef into fourths. Hand form 4 large patties. Evenly divide hot sauce on the tops of each patty. Arrange on a plate and place into the freezer for 10-30 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Grill hamburger patties for 2-3 minutes per side on direct heat, then remove to indirect heat until desired doneness. For the last minute, add a slice pepper jack cheese to each patty.
- Remove from grill and allow to rest for 3-4 minutes before assembling.
- To build your massive Taco Burger, place patty on Kaiser Roll, top with pico de gallo, avocado, sour cream and jalapenos.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!