These Spicy Baked Potato Wedges are the best side dish to serve with a juicy hamburger. Tossed in a zesty spice blend, they are baked to crispy perfection.
I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. I could eat potatoes day and night, every day of the year and never get bored. So many varieties, they create a blank canvas to create many spud inspired meals! This is just another delicious potato recipe I came up with!
When I’m cooking, I mentally go down the list of what could I make with potatoes to go with this meal. Since the possibilities are literally endless with potatoes, I have quite a few options to choose from. As you can see potato wedges were the winning choice this time!
I mean who doesn’t like their tacos and french fries? So I thought why not try and combine both flavors in some way! That’s how these Spicy Baked Potato Wedges came to be.
I chopped up some red potatoes into thick wedges and tossed them in some vegetable oil, then I took my homemade taco seasoning and sprinkled it all over the wedges until they were fully coated.
These potato wedges were created to serve with Mexican Taco Burgers. I wanted the traditional French fry for my hamburgers, so I used a Western, wedge cut with taco seasoning. To save time, albeit a small amount, you can use a premixed package of taco seasoning instead of creating your own.
Whether you make these baked potato wedges for a family meal or to serve at a bbq, they’ll be a hit that everyone will love! Maybe somedays you just feel like eating them on their own, serve them with some spicy ketchup for an extra kick!
- Potatoes on the Grill
- Pulled Pork Potato Chip Nachos
- Creamy Leek and Potato Soup
- Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes
- 2 pounds large red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Spicy Ketchup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Rinse and scrub potatoes. Cut into wedges, approximately 6-8 wedges for each potato.
- Mix chili powder through sugar in a small bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss potato wedges with vegetable oil. When fully coated, toss with spice mixture.
- Pour into a single layer to baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove, flip and return to oven for 15 minutes.
Remove and serve with spicy ketchup.
If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!