Chances are you have just Googled Gettysburger and your search has led you here.
Do you love Gettysburger? I love Gettysburger! Everyone loves a Gettysburger!
Well, Scandal fans, I’m sorry to disappoint, but Gettysburger does not exist. Before you get all sad, read on to see what I envision Gettysburger looking like AND make sure to tell me what YOU think it looks like in the comments!
Smoke and mirrors, like most of DC, thick-cut smoked bacon, BBQ sauce and a smoked cheddar? Or is it “all-American” because let’s be honest, actual Gettysburg is some of the most hallowed ground we have the in United States?
I decide to play it safe and landed with all-American. My idealistic burger is two all-beef patties with cheddar cheese, pickles, lettuce, ketchup and mustard on a sesame seed bun.
Just a straight up double cheeseburger, my foodie friends. Although I did opt to use my honey habanero pickles because they are delicious.
Before you get started creating your own Gettysburger, make sure to check out my Tips to Creating the Perfect Hamburger! Now get back to binge watching Olivia Pope.
I’m sure she is doing something fascinating like saving the world, making popcorn or drinking wine out the fanciest wine glasses you ever did see.
Make sure to pair your Gettysburger with a fabulous side dish like…
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 sesame seed hamburger rolls
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- red onion
- Bibb lettuce
- honey habanero pickles
- Preheat grill for high heat and lightly oil grate.
- In a medium bowl, toss together ground beef, salt and pepper. Form into patties.
- Place patties on the prepared grill. Cover and cook 6 to 8 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. Allow to rest for 4-5 minutes before serving.
- Assemble using 2 slices of cheddar cheese and 2 patties per burger.
If you've tried this recipe come back and let us know how it was!