Ooey gooey melty cheese on garlic bread?! There are few things better than this Pull Apart Cheesy Garlic Bread!
Pull Apart Cheesy Garlic Bread is a garlic bread recipe taken to new heights with cheese. It will be your new favorite go-to side.
I’m not going to waste any more time… ladies and gentleman, this week’s Throwback Thursday is PULL APART CHEESY GARLIC BREAD!.
Some call this type of bread “crack bread” due to the addictive nature of it. Cheese and bread go hand in hand. Garlic and bread go hand in hand. It only makes sense to put them together!
The ingredients you can stuff into a load of bread are endless, but for me, cheese and garlic are where it’s at. And if we are being honest, I could eat a single loaf in a single sitting.
There are a few key things that make a good pull apart bread so be sure to pay attention.
You need a good thick loaf of bread that is sturdy enough to hold onto all those fillings and not get soggy or fall apart.
Make your cuts far enough into the loaf of bread so you can get your cheese blend into the nooks and crannies but no so far that you have pieces of bread falling away.
I tend to buy bread from the store which makes this recipe super easy to prepare, but you can also make your own bread for this recipe if you choose.
The best part is you too can play around with ingredients. Feel free to add or subtract whatever you think would go well with this Pull Apart Cheesy Garlic Bread recipe.
I like to serve it alongside pasta, a salad, soups or stews, or as a starter.
If you loved my Pull Apart Cheesy Garlic Bread recipe, check out these other easy bread recipes:
- Jalapeno Popper Pull Apart Bread
- Individual Garlic Cheese Crack Bread
- Cheesy Garlic Bread Sticks
- Thick and Chewy Focaccia Bread
Pull Apart Cheesy Garlic Bread will be your new favorite go-to side! How can anyone resist cheesy goodness?
- 1 large round loaf Italian bread
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Romano cheese shredded
- 3 garlic cloves crushed for finely minced
- 1/2 cup salted butter melted
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Score the bread loaf crosswise and lengthwise into 1 inch squares, cutting almost through to the bottom, but leaving it intact. The goal is to spread apart the bread pieces to “bloom”, but be able to pass it around and gently pull a piece off.
- In a small bowl, combine cheeses, green onions, and garlic, mix. Stuff cheese blend evenly into all of the slits, nooks1-inch, and crannies. After stuffing all of the cheese it should be coming out the top- keep stuffing!
- In another small bowl combine melted butter and remaining ingredients, whisk together. Spoon or pour mixture evenly over stuffed cheese slits.
- Wrap entire bread loaf in heavy duty aluminum foil and place in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove loaf and open the top of the aluminum foil to expose the top of the bread. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and tops are nicely brown and crisp.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool for several minutes before serving, you don’t want your diners to burn their fingertips trying to get at this delicious bread! No serving utensils required. Enjoy your Pull Apart Cheesy Garlic Bread!
If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!