Only four ingredients and takes under 30 minutes to make?! Where do I sign up!? Let’s be real, what could be better than this delicious pull apart easy monkey bread!!
This Easy Monkey Bread is made with only 4 ingredients and goes from the fridge to the oven in 5 minutes! This Monkey Bread with biscuits is perfect to make last minute and serve as an appetizer or dessert at brunch.
Who says you don’t learn anything in school? I was taught how to make Easy Monkey Bread long before the Internet or ability to research and communicate short-cut recipes.
It was 6th grade home economics (do they still even teach home ec?) at Renner Middle School in Dallas, Texas. The name of my teacher is long gone from my memory, but Easy Monkey Bread will live forever in my family.
This recipe is kind of sentimental to me because of how long I’ve been making it for. It brings me back to my childhood in some way because it’s one of the first things I learned to make.
It’s so simple and easy to make and has the perfect combination of cinnamon and brown sugar! Why is it called monkey bread? Because of how you eat it! Picking it apart with your fingers, just like a monkey. Insert monkey noises here.
This graces our table primarily at Thanksgiving, as it is a big indulgence, but then again at other special times throughout the year, like this past weekend when we had a blizzard.
I thought it would look best on a blue plate and event sent hubby out for one right before the 30+ inches started. Turns out, Target was all out, but I still did get a blue placemat. I think it looks pretty nice!
I generally make mine in a fluted bundt pan, but I had lent it to a neighbor and wasn’t going out in the elements to get it, so I opted for my Nordicware bundt pan instead.
I had only ever used it to make my glorious Christmas Swirl Cake, so it looked like it needed some TLC. You can also use an 8-inch pie plate if you don’t have a bundt pan.
If you loved this Easy Monkey bread which is great for Christmas brunch, you’ll love these easy dessert recipes:
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
Easy Monkey Bread
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place butter into an 8-inch circular pie plate or bundt pan and place in the oven while preheating to melt the butter. When melted, swirl around to get all of the nooks and crannies.
- Meanwhile, mix light brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut each biscuit into quarters.
- Sprinkle brown sugar mixture into pie plate or bundt pan first, then loosely arrange biscuit quarters on top.
- Bake for 20 mins, or until tops are light brown.
- While still hot and very carefully, fit a serving platter over the top of your cooking vessel and quickly invert. Tap the pie plate or bundt pan several times to the monkey bread loosens, then remove.
- Serve and enjoy!