What’s better than a simple, homemade bread flavored with Italian flavors and stuffed with mozzarella cheese? These Cheese Stuffed Garlic Rolls will fast become a family favorite.
These Cheese Stuffed Garlic Rolls are delicious garlic and parsley rolls stuffed with gooey mozzarella cheese. Eat them plain or with a side of marinara.
I’m not going to lie, making homemade bread does take a little bit of time, but the results are outstanding. I recommend using a stand mixer for this recipe because you can let the mixer do the work.
Be sure to check the expiration date on your yeast. It is a living, breathing thing after all and it is what is going to give your bread life and allow to rise.
If time is not on your side, you can make these Cheese Stuffed Garlic Rolls with pre-made bread dough, blending in the garlic and the parsley.
Be careful, when these babies come out of the oven, everyone in the house will be in the kitchen. The smell of freshly baked bread and garlic will draw a crowd.
Perfect on their own or with pasta, pizza, or as an appetizer or snack, these little cheese bombs are absolute heaven. If you are feeling adventurous, dip them in a bit of marinara sauce.
I have now made the same basic bread recipe into so many variations I can’t even name them all! I’ll be posting my version of Mexican Cheese Stuffed Garlic Rolls shortly.
If and when you have time, try making your own mozzarella cheese! It is super simple with no additives, preservatives and you can control the salt. You won’t believe you made your own CHEESE!
If you liked this Cheese Stuffed Garlic Rolls recipe, check out these easy bread recipes:
Place yeast and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a bread hook. Mix and then pour in warm water. Allow to bloom for about 10 minutes, or until mixture becomes bubbly, swells, and is fragrant.
- Blend in garlic, 1/4 cup melted butter (reserving the other 1/4 cup for basting the rolls at the very end), olive oil, flour, salt, and parsley. Blend with bread hook for 7-10 minutes, or until dough is elastic and pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Lightly coat a large mixing bowl with cooking spray. Turn dough into the bowl and flip one time to coat. This will prevent the dough from sticking to your bowl. Cover with a damp kitchen towel and place in a warm, draft-free place to rise for approximately 30 minutes.
When bread has risen, cut into half and then divide each half into 7 equal pieces. Flatten each piece with your palm, place a cheese chuck in the center and then cover, pinch and roll. Make sure there are no seams for the cheese to escape while baking. Repeat with for a total of 14 Cheese Stuffed Garlic Rolls. Place onto a baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Cover rolls with a damp kitchen towel and allow to rise again for 15-20 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 while you are waiting.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes. Tap the top with the end of a wooden spoon, it should be hard and sounds hollow. Cheese Stuffed Garlic Rolls are a little difficult to judge and will be overcooked if you wait until they brown. By overcooked, I mean the cheese will escape and you don't want that!
- While bread is baking, melt remaining 1/4 cup butter and mix with garlic powder. As soon as you remove your Cheese Stuffed Garlic Rolls from the oven, baste with butter and allow to sit for 2 minutes before serving. Please be careful, your Cheese Stuffed Garlic Rolls with be piping hot with melty cheese centers
If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!