*I received compensation for this post, however all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
This Italian girl loves pasta. I’m always coming up with new and inventive ways to serve it and other times I prefer my “oldies, but goodies”.
Lemony Artichoke Pesto is a new spin on traditional pesto adding a tangy, hearty flavor. Pair with Pine nuts, sun dried tomatoes and Parmesan cheese and serve over your favorite pasta!
During the summer months, I’m looking for a lighter pasta dish, perfect for pairing with a crisp Chardonnay. I’ve been making Lemony Artichoke Pesto for over 10 years and it seemed like the ideal sauce to help celebrate San Giorgio’s newly earned Non-GMO Project verifications. Wooohoo!
I hold pasta near and dear to my heart and only serve my family the best. Did you know that 40 of San Giorgio’s pasta products are verified by the Non-GMO Project, a trusted third party located right here in North America? That is right! Feel good about what you feeding your family.
For my Lemony Artichoke Pesto, I like to use a hearty pasta with large holes to really hold onto the punchy sauce. San Giorgio Rigatoni are the perfect ribbed tube for the job.
Depending on the evening, I’ll marinate chicken or fish in a light Italian dressing, throw them on the grill and serve on top of my pasta.
I’ve also been known to double the batch and take a jar as a hostess gift to BBQs and parties. Lemony Artichoke Pesto is light and fresh, the perfect summer time meal. It can also be spread on sandwiches, crostinis and even tossed into salad!
Just talking about it is making me want to whip up a batch.
If you enjoyed this homemade pesto sauce, check these out:
- 8 ounces San Giorgio Rigatoni cooked al dente according to package directions and drained, or other New World Pasta of your choice
- 12 ounces artichoke hearts drained
- 1 fresh lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 dash white pepper
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes minced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan reggiano cheese grated
- Grilled Chicken or Seafood optional
- In a food processor or blender, combine drained artichoke hearts, zest from lemon and juice from lemon and 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil. Pulse until a fine mix has formed.
- Add shallot, garlic, fine sea salt and white pepper, pulsing several more times. Set aside.
- In a large pot (can be the same one you used to boil the pasta), heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat. Add lemony artichoke pesto sauce, stirring for 2-3 minutes or until hot. Toss with pasta, heating fully.
- Divide in two pasta dishes, topping equally with toasted pine nuts, sun dried tomatoes and grated parmesan reggiano cheese. Serve with grilled chicken or seafood, if desired.
If you've made this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!
Make sure to check out more about San Giorgio’s Non-GMO verified pastas on their website, sangiorgio.com.
Big thanks to New World Pasta company for letting me be a part of their big news roll out!