3-Pepper Smoked Hickory Wing Recipe
This post was compensated, however 100% of opinions and views expressed are my own. #saucefaced
As wing fanatics, we are always looking for new ways to prepare them. Of course you can grill chicken wings, but what if you smoke them and then smother them in delicious sauce?
These 3-pepper smoked hickory wings are an easy grilled chicken wing recipe that whole family will love. Spicy and sweet, they only take a few minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to grill!
Kingsford® has long been the standard for charcoal grilling. For over 90 years, the company has brought you natural charcoal and wood chips in a wide variety of flavors with options for every type of griller. No picnic is complete without a bag of Kingsford®.
Now the iconic brand is launching their newest product, which is sure to be just as much of a hit: Kingsford®’s Sauces and Rub!
Make irresistible pairings with mesquite, hickory, applewood and cherrywood briquets and sauces on anything you can throw on the grill: chicken, beef, seafood or vegetables!
Kingsford® has four new products and they are looking to the expert griller’s (that is YOU, silly) for feedback! Next time you are at the store pick up one of these tasty sauces, give it a whirl and let them know what you think!
- Kingsford® Honey Jalapeno Mesquite BBQ Sauce
- Kingsford® Brown Sugar Applewood BBQ Sauce
- Kingsford® Original Smoked Hickory BBQ Sauce
- Kingsford® BBQ Sauce Mix & Dry Rub
Hubby and I delighted in dragging out the charcoal grill for the first time this summer to whip up a batch of 3-pepper smoked hickory wings.
We used a classic charcoal, seeing we really wanted to be able to taste the hickory flavor of the BBQ sauce.
Using a signature rub developed by Pitmaster Chris Lilly of Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q on behalf of Kingsford® Charcoal and Kingsford® Original Smoked Hickory BBQ Sauce, we had a fabulous appetizer (or for me, entree) whipped up in just minutes!
The peppery rub combined with sweet, smoky heat of their Original BBQ sauce was the essence of summer grilling. While 3-pepper smoked hickory wings are the perfect start to any meal, you can also prepare them as an entree.
We paired ours with my favorite Grilled Potatoes, but here are some other options that are sure to please any crowd!
- Grilled Watermelon Steaks
- Bacon Potato Salad
- Grilled Corn, Tomato and Cucumber Salad
- Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Mexican Street Corn
And even more of our BEST Chicken Wing Recipes!
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
3-Pepper Smoked Hickory Wings
3-Pepper Dry Rub
- 28 chicken wings both flats and drumettes
- 1 cup Kingsford® Original Smoked Hickory BBQ Sauce
- Stir together the dry rub ingredients in a small bowl. Season the wings, using all of the rub for extra hot wings or half of the rub for spicy wings.
- Build a charcoal fire for indirect cooking using Kingsford® Charcoal by situating the coals on only one side of the grill, leaving the other side void. Preheat the grill to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the wings on the grill over indirect heat and close the lid. Cook for approximately 30 minutes or until brown and crispy. Coat wings liberally with Kingsford® Original Smoked Hickory BBQ Sauce and cook an additional 2 minutes, allowing the sauce to caramelize. Remove wings from the grill, and serve with extra sauce.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!
Did you know…
- Kingsford® has a Grilling Personality Quiz ? I was “The God of Fire”, what are you?
- The shelf life of Kingsford® charcoal is indefinite as long as it is stored in a cool, dry place.
- Kingsford® offers grilling tutorials ranging from novice to the expert looking to try something new. Pick up a few grilling phrases to impress your friends!
- Kingsford® makes competition and professional products for all your grill masters!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kingsford. The opinions and text are all mine.