This Homemade Turkey Injection Recipe is super easy, taking only 5 minutes for a flavorful and slightly sweet bird just like the Cajun injector they sell at the store!
Oh those Cajun turkey people are SMART! There you are trying to figure out what size turkey to buy and there is a pretty display promising you the BEST Cajun turkey you’ve ever tasted with a bottle of turkey injection juice.
They will even pair a bottle of turkey injection juice WITH a “free rub“! Let me tell you a few things about the store bought Turkey Injection Juice:
- It is overpriced. Homemade Turkey Injection Juice will cost under $1 and you probably already have the ingredients.
- You will never use that whole bottle and unless you make turkey weekly, you’ll be throwing it out because it expired.
- They taste good because they are full of salt.
- You can make your own in less than 3 minutes, save money and not overdo the salt.
- You can also make your own Fried Turkey.
- Turkey Injection Juice can be modified and flavored however you want, check out my Orange Turkey!
The only special equipment you will need is the injector, but you can buy this bad boy once and use it over and over again with many different recipes. You can literally infuse anything you’d like using the injector.
If you are looking for more holiday recipes to accompany your turkey, check these out!
- 12 ounces beer
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5-6 drops hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl until combined and smooth.
Inject into turkey before cooking.