This Turkey Noodle Soup recipe is the perfect recipe to warm you up on a cold day! Everyone will love this classic comfort food recipe! Top with garlic dill oysters crackers for the perfect meal.
Turkey Noodle Soup is a quick, easy and comforting turkey noodle soup recipe filled with savory broth, tender turkey and lots of vegetables!
The winter months are upon us and I crave a warm bowl of soup when the chill hits. Turkey noodle soup is the perfect (and quick) way to warm your soul. Full of veggies, savory broth, tender turkey and pearls of pasta.
Most people think of chicken noodle soup as the “food for the soul” but turkey noodle soup is just as good! While very similar, I substituted turkey stock, turkey (clearly) and pearl couscous for egg noodles. The same seasonings and garlic dill oysters crackers make this a winning dish!
Another bonus? My version has such a thick and robust turkey stock, that the actual soup only takes 20 minutes to prepare! I used frozen vegetables, but you are more than welcome to use fresh.
Use 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots, green beans, corn and a 10 ounce bag of raw pearl onions, skins removed, but whole. Add at the same time at the turkey and even toss in other veggies if you wish, like celery, parsnip or rutabaga!
I also swapped out traditional egg noodles for pearl couscous. After using them in my 10-Minute Italian Seafood Stew, they became my preferred pasta for soups. Since they boil in turkey stock, they are extra flavorful.
Make sure you place any leftovers in an oversized container because they continue to swell and get even larger!
If you are planning to make your own turkey stock, prepare it the day before and make sure to read my tips for how to make stock. Otherwise, use a store bought stock or broth, either chicken or turkey will do.
If you enjoyed this recipe with leftover turkey, check out these other easy turkey recipes:
- Spicy Honey Grilled Turkey
- Grilled Turkey Zucchini Boats
- Turkey, Swiss and Cranberry Mayo Roll-Ups
- Orange Thyme Turkey- The Best Roasted Turkey Recipe
- 3 cups turkey shredded or cubed
- 10 cups turkey stock (click for recipe)
- 14 ounces tri-colored Pearl couscous
- 16 ounces frozen white pearl onions
- 16 ounces frozen mixed veggies carrots, green beans, corn, lima beans
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- celery leaves for garnish, optional
- 2 cups Garlic Dill Oyster Crackers (click for recipe)
- Heat turkey stock with turkey in a large Dutch oven over medium heat for approximately 10 minutes, or when it arrives at a simmer.
- Add pearl couscous, cooking for 5 minutes. Add frozen vegetables and seasoning. Cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and top with celery leaf and garlic dill oyster crackers!
If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!
Use 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots, green beans, corn and a 10 ounce bag of raw pearl onions, skins removed, but whole. Add at the same time as the turkey so they have time to soften. Even toss in other veggies if you wish, like celery, parsnip or rutabaga!