Need a tasty treat to feed your hungry football fans? Look no further than these BBQ Bacon Wrapped Meatballs.
My BBQ Bacon Wrapped Meatballs are a little bit of sweet and savory heaven. Serve as an appetizer or a side for the game or any day of the week.
In my house, we love watching football together. I’m a die-hard Broncos fan, while hubby cheers for the Buffalo Bills.
We have lived in Baltimore for a good amount of time and as a result, we both like root for the Ravens as well. But make no mistake, we are still loyal to our respective teams.
If you ask me, there is nothing better than meatballs bubbling in a slow cooker with BBQ sauce or bacon, so why not bring the two together? BBQ Bacon Wrapped Meatballs: ta-da!
I’ve tried these bad boys in the slow cooker and the bacon didn’t stay put. It’s best to throw them in the oven so each bite is absolutely perfect.
You can use frozen meatballs, but the homemade variety always taste just a bit better and in reality, don’t take much more time.
If you want to these BBQ Bacon Wrapped Meatballs up a notch, try adding a pinch of your favorite, melty cheese in the center of each meatball.
If you like this BBQ Bacon Wrapped Meatballs recipe, check out some of my other delicious meatball recipes:
- 1/2 medium sweet onion minced
- 1 pound ground beef 15/85 mix
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 5- ounces evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 2 teaspoons bottled garlic
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 24 strips extra thick bacon
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Mix finely minced onion through evaporated milk in a large mixing bowl and combine using your hands. Do not over mix or your meatballs or else they will turn out tough.
- Tossing from hand to hand, form meatballs into 24 small meatballs.
- Wrap each one with a strip of bacon.
- Place into the oven for 15 minutes. Remove and baste with BBQ sauce. Return to the oven for an additional 10 minutes. Baste again with BBQ sauce before serving. Please note that cooking times will vary with the size of your meatballs, check for an internal temperature of 145 or higher.
- Enjoy your BBQ Bacon Wrapped Meatballs!
If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!