These cocktail meatballs are sure to be a hit at your next party! They are an inventive way to switch up the classic chicken wing appetizer!
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are a quick and easy appetizer that will spice up any party. Simmered in spicy wing sauce and cooling blue cheese, these will be a winning party appetizer!
Buffalo Chicken Wings are a classic game time appetizer. Perfectly fried (or baked) for optimal crunchiness, tossed in a mixture of butter and spices to produce a finger lickin’, sweat producing, nose running appetizer, how can you go wrong?
I love wings, but hate the mess of eating them, so I frequently will order or make a boneless version. The boneless version usually required utensils, which adds a whole element to a finger food spread.
The answer: Buffalo Chicken Meatballs!
Chicken is a little more difficult to make into a meatball because it does not have as much fat as beef, but with enough binder you can roll anything into a bite size ball!
Please beware that this recipe isn’t for the lover of a mild wing…or one who even asks “is that hot?” It is hot and you will break a sweat. I used premade Buffalo Wing Sauce, however you can easily make your own to suit your taste buds.
Vinegar base from scratch is a little more difficult and you are better off buying a bottled variety for time and ease.
I blended blue cheese dressing into my Buffalo Chicken Meatball sauce, but also topped them with some fresh crumbled blue cheese and parsley. While I prefer chicken, you can also use ground turkey. You can also use Ranch dressing.
Low on time? Just buy frozen meatballs at the store. Make sure to read my tips for better meatballs before you get started.
Check out these other great meatball recipes:
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken , hand torn into small pieces
- 1 egg , beaten
- 3/4 cup Italian style bread crumbs , or plain with 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion
- 1 cup Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese dressing , plus more for dipping
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese , crumbled
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9×13 glass baking dish with cooking spray. Ground chicken doesn’t have a lot of fat, so you run the risk of sticking.
- In a large mixing bowl combine ground chicken though minced dried onion. With very clean heads or wearing non-powder latex gloves, mix thoroughly.
- Form 2 inch meatballs with your hands. Because the amounts of water added to ground chicken vary you may need to add extra breadcrumbs to help bind.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until outsides are fully cooked. Meanwhile, combine 1 cup buffalo wing sauce and 2 tablespoons blue cheese in a medium sauce pan. Heat and stir over medium heat until combined.
- Add meatballs to sauce, Simmer for an additional 20 minutes. Sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese and serve hot!
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!