Looking for a healthier way to enjoy BBQ chicken? Check out my BBQ Chicken Lettuce Wraps!
BBQ Chicken Lettuce Wraps use seasoned chicken with your favorite BBQ sauce and wrap them in crispy lettuce with juicy tomatoes, blue cheese and cool avocado dressing.
It is January and like many others, I’ve vowed to make changes to my diet and exercise routine.
I don’t beleive in taking on these fad diets and avoiding all carbs or eating super high fat. No butter in my coffee, thank you!
Nope, I beleive in moderation and the good old fashioned food pyramid. That means adding as many vegetables and fruits as I can while never losing flavor and still feeling full.
BBQ Chicken Lettuce Wraps are one of those recipes that are full of flavor but don’t have me feeling like I am eating diet food. Tender chunks of chicken tossed in your favorite BBQ sauce paired with juicy tomatoes and blue cheese.
My cool and creamy Avocado Green Goddess Dressing adds flavor and texture to round the whole meal eat. The best news?
Four BBQ Chicken Lettuce Wraps are still under 500 calories. FOUR!!!! That is enough to feel full and satisfied without feeling guilty.
BBQ Chicken Lettuce Wraps can be served as an entree, appetizer or even snack. They are perfect for parties, too! Set up a lettuce wrap “bar” so people can make their own.
Here are my favorite BBQ Sauces to use:
If you like our BBQ Chicken Lettuce Wraps, you’ll love these other BBQ recipes:
BBQ Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound chicken boneless and skinless, cut into 1-2 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
- 16 leaves large Bibb lettuce
- 2 plum tomatoes seeded and diced
- 4 ounces blue cheese , crumbled
- 1 cup green goddess dressing
- Soak 16 wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Toss chicken, fine sea salt, black pepper and 1/2 cup BBQ sauce in a large bowl.
- Evenly thread chicken onto 16 skewers at approximately 1 ounce per skewer. Do not thread too closely, being thin will make the grilling process shorter.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Baste with remaining BBQ sauce and rotate for approximately 8-10 minutes. Due to size of chicken and grill temperatures, the cooking time may vary. Internal temperature of chicken should reach 165 degrees.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest for 3-4 minutes. Assemble lettuce wrap by removing chicken from skewer, placing into a piece of Bibb lettuce along with freshly diced tomato, green goddess sauce and crumbled blue cheese.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!
Yum looks incredible. I am a huge fan of stuff like this, especially with chicken!
Oh these look so good now I am feeling really hungry :).
What a good idea to make them into a lettuce wrap. This would be great for Sunday Brunch too!
I love lettuce wraps because they cut down on the carbs I’d otherwise be eating. This is a totally unique spin on them!
Thank you so much! The yogurt based sauces really take them to another level without all of the guilt.
Those look so delicious! I love that the sauces don’t have HFCS too!
Right?? I’m really excited about that!
These sound so good! I think they would be perfect to tuck into my husband’s lunch. He is always looking for things like this to snack on after his lunch time workouts.
This is the coolest recipe. I definitely want to try this!
These look SO good. I bet it tastes really refreshing and delicious! I love Kraft BBQ sauces.
Heavens, your pictures are making me STARVING! Yum to your delicious recipe!!! Must make!
Aw, thank you! *Blushing*
Wow, that chicken looks just amazing! I love the crunch too with the lettuce wraps, so pretty!
This sounds amazing. I know me and my husband would love these. I want to make these for dinner this week.
Love Kraft. The lettuce wraps is awesome.
I’m trying to eat healthier too, and these would be a great way to do that! Thanks for sharing!
I keep hearing about lettuce wraps and how healthy they are, but I’ve never tried one for myself. I need to give it a go!
Give it a go!
I absolutely love lettuce wraps because they can be so healthy. I have never had the BBQ chicken and it looks delicious!
What a great idea. I just had lettuce wraps for the first time yesterday actually and they were SO good.
I love it! It’s healthy and delicious. AND it’s really pretty, too!
I love making lettuce wraps but mine next stay together! After checking out your recipe I think I’m using the wrong kind of lettuce lol! This looks SO SO yummy! I can’t wait to try it this weekend!
You can use different types of lettuce. I like Bibb because it is sturdy and the colors are so pretty. I also use iceberg on occasion.
These look delicious! What a great alternative to using bread on everything.
I love the pic with the BBQ Sauces in the snow. Living in Wisconsin we grill all year long! I see you are also cold weather grillers! Kraft sauces are really tasty!
Yup, some of my favorite grilling moments come after digging the grill out from a snow drift left by a northern Michigan winter. These look pretty good, we are trying to cut back on the bread a bit and using the lettuce as the wrap is a cool idea.