Looking for a healthier way to enjoy BBQ chicken? Check out my BBQ Chicken Lettuce Wraps!
BBQ Chicken Lettuce Wraps use seasoned chicken with your favorite BBQ sauce and wrap them in crispy lettuce with juicy tomatoes, blue cheese and cool avocado dressing.
It is January and like many others, I’ve vowed to make changes to my diet and exercise routine. I don’t beleive in taking on these fad diets and avoiding all carbs or eating super high fat. No butter in my coffee, thank you!
Nope, I beleive in moderation and the good old fashioned food pyramid. That means adding as many vegetables and fruits as I can while never losing flavor and still feeling full.
BBQ Chicken Lettuce Wraps are one of those recipes that are full of flavor but don’t have me feeling like I am eating diet food. Tender chunks of chicken tossed in your favorite BBQ sauce paired with juicy tomatoes and blue cheese.
My cool and creamy Avocado Green Goddess Dressing adds flavor and texture to round the whole meal eat. The best news?
Four BBQ Chicken Lettuce Wraps are still under 500 calories. FOUR!!!! That is enough to feel full and satisfied without feeling guilty.
BBQ Chicken Lettuce Wraps can be served as an entree, appetizer or even snack. They are perfect for parties, too! Set up a lettuce wrap “bar” so people can make their own.
If you like our BBQ Chicken Lettuce Wraps, you’ll love these other BBQ recipes:
If you liked this Easy Dinner Recipe, snag a copy of my Easy Dinner Recipes Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, here is a small collection of time-saving, hearty and satisfying dinners guaranteed to get you in and out in 30 minutes or less!
- 1 pound chicken boneless and skinless, cut into 1-2 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
- 16 leaves large Bibb lettuce
- 2 plum tomatoes seeded and diced
- 4 ounces blue cheese , crumbled
- 1 cup green goddess dressing
Soak 16 wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
Toss chicken, fine sea salt, black pepper and 1/2 cup BBQ sauce in a large bowl.
- Evenly thread chicken onto 16 skewers at approximately 1 ounce per skewer. Do not thread too closely, being thin will make the grilling process shorter.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Baste with remaining BBQ sauce and rotate for approximately 8-10 minutes. Due to size of chicken and grill temperatures, the cooking time may vary. Internal temperature of chicken should reach 165 degrees.
Remove from heat and allow to rest for 3-4 minutes. Assemble lettuce wrap by removing chicken from skewer, placing into a piece of Bibb lettuce along with freshly diced tomato, green goddess sauce and crumbled blue cheese.
If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!