Baked Salmon Recipe
Do you ever just have one of those days where you don’t feel like cooking after a long day? Well then this recipe is for you!
This Apple Glazed Baked Salmon recipe gives you delicious baked salmon in about 20 minutes on the table and ready to go!
Apple Glazed Baked Salmon is one of my favorite healthy and quick dinners! This recipe is perfect for busy families who need a tasty dinner fast!
Before you start judging my Apple Glazed Baked Salmon, just hear me out. Yes, apples and horseradish sound gross but the sweetness of jelly combined with the tartness of the horseradish is just a perfect mix.
Neither flavor is overwhelming. A splash of champagne vinegar and viola! Dinner is served!
When I first started making this recipe (in college), Apple Glazed Baked Salmon prompted me to ask “what exactly is horseradish?” The answer is that it is a plant, but the prepared horseradish we use in recipes comes from the root, which resembles a ginger root.
Unless grated or cut the root has little smell or taste. Once opened it needs to be prepared in a vinegar sauce fast or else the spice will turn to bitterness.
If you can’t locate champagne vinegar or you don’t want to spend $5 on one bottle, you can substitute a white wine vinegar. I have also used other types of jellies (apricot and orange), but apple works the best, so I highly recommend you do your best to use it at least the first time before modifying.
With all of that said, I dare you to try this unique combination of ingredients.
I like to serve my apple roasted salmon with herbed potato salad, my easy vegetable medley or a fresh salad! It pairs well with multiple different options, but I like to serve it with some of my favorites.
Check out these other easy side dishes to serve with your Apple Glazed Baked Salmon:
- Southern Fried Corn
- Three Bean Salad
- Orzo Salad
- Peasant Bread
- Steamed Green Beans
- Buttered Noodles
- Baked Kale
And these delicious salmon recipes:
- Salmon Cakes
- Salmon Sandwich
- Salmon in an Asiago Sauce
- Pesto Salmon
- BBQ Salmon
- Lemon Pepper Salmon
- Salmon on a Cedar Plank
- Salmon Salad
Tools for making salmon recipes:
9 x 13 Glass Baking Dish– an absolute essential for any kitchen! Use it for baking, marinating or storing. Get one with a lid, you’ll thank me later.
Wood cutting board – wood won’t dull your knives like plastic and if treated properly, has natural antimicrobial properties.
If you liked this Easy Dinner Recipe, snag a copy of my Easy Dinner Recipes Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, here is a small collection of time-saving, hearty and satisfying dinners guaranteed to get you in and out in 30 minutes or less!
CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Pinterest | Instagram
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
Apple Roasted Salmon
- 4 salmon fillets , 4 ounces each
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar , or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon chives , minced
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- Fine sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse fish, pat dry and place in a deep glass baking dish coated in cooking spray. Season fish with sea salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine apple jelly, vinegar, horseradish and chives. Mix well, however there may be lumps.
- Spread evenly over salmon fillets.
- Pour apple juice into the bottom of the cooking pan.
- Bake uncovered, for 15 minutes (medium-well) or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Salmon should be served medium to medium well.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, make sure to come back and let us know how you liked it!