Lemon Pepper Salmon Recipe
If you’re looking for easy salmon recipes, look no further than this Lemon Pepper Salmon. It’s one of my favorite fish recipes and makes an easy weeknight meal as well as a special dinner for guests.
Lemon Pepper Salmon is one of the classic healthy salmon recipes. But, did you know it’s also an easy salmon recipe? Even when using fresh ingredients, Lemon Pepper Salmon is a light and easy salmon recipe!
Salmon is one of my favorite types of fish to cook and to eat. Not only do I love the flavor, salmon offers many health benefits, like Omega 3s, and is high in protein. It’s one of my favorite proteins when I’m looking for something light but also filling.
This Lemon Pepper Salmon has become one of my go-to easy salmon recipes.
The outcome of a dish really does depend on the quality of ingredients. You can easily make a lemon pepper salmon with a lemon-pepper seasoning out of a jar using dehydrated lemon zest and black pepper that was milled a year ago, or you can use fresh ingredients.
My Lemon Pepper Salmon recipe uses fresh lemon slices to keep your salmon moist, lemon zest to give it the citrus flavors you crave, freshly ground black pepper and coarse Kosher salt.
Using zest instead of juice keeps the salmon filets dry, which allows other seasonings to stick better and packs more punch. I also highly recommend grinding fresh black peppercorns. You will be amazing the difference in flavor from a freshly ground black pepper to a pre-ground pepper. You’ll never go back.
What I love about this Lemon Pepper Salmon is that it’s easy enough to make for dinner any night of the week. There’s not a lot of prep involved and you can have a healthy dinner on the table in under an hour. However, it also looks pretty enough to present to guests. Every time I’ve served this to a dinner guest, they’ve loved it.
For a complete light and healthy meal, I like to serve this Lemon Pepper Salmon with a side of veggies, like asparagus.
Since you like this Lemon Pepper Salmon you may like these other easy salmon recipes:
- BBQ Baked Salmon
- Spicy Cedar Plank Salmon
- Crispy Caper Lemon Salmon
- Maple Citrus Salmon
- Yogurt Pesto Salmon
- 8 ounces salmon filet , cut into 2 pieces
- 2 fresh lemons
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon flat parsley , minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Zest one lemon, set zest aside.
- Thinly cut lemons into slices and line the bottom of the baking sheet.
- Place salmon filets on top of lemon slices.
- Season with lemon zest, Kosher salt, ground black pepper and fresh parsley.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, depending on how thick your salmon filets are.
- Remove and allow to sit for 2-3 minutes before serving.
- If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!
If you liked this Easy Dinner Recipe, snag a copy of my Easy Dinner Recipes Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, here is a small collection of time-saving, hearty and satisfying dinners guaranteed to get you in and out in 30 minutes or less!