This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pillsbury™. The opinions and text are all mine.
Spice Cupcakes are an easy homemade cupcake recipe using traditional fall spices of cinnamon, ginger and allspice in a buttery brown sugar cake batter. These cupcakes bake up soft and moist, perfect for a rich cream cheese frosting.
Spice Cupcakes are an easy cupcake recipe perfect for fall. Frost with rich cream cheese frosting and a few embellishments for festive fall cupcakes.
Foodie friends, you know I love a good cupcake. I love cake in general, but cupcakes provide the perfect portioning and are ideal for parties. Do you know what I am not good at? Decorating!
I envy the videos that make frosting cupcakes and cakes look so darn easy. For me, it just isn’t, but that doesn’t stop me from making them. I figured out a few tricks to help those of us who are decorating challenged to fake it a little.
And I’ve just added a new product to my bags of tricks! The NEW Pillsbury™ Filled Pastry Bag! Part of my dread is frosting. Making frosting from scratch can be more challenging than you think.
If you don’t use the correct temperature of butter or amount of sugar, the whole batch is a disaster and then you spend time trying to correct it for that perfect spreadable consistency. After that, you need to put it in a pastry bag!
I never get this right, either. I overfill the bag, losing frosting over the top, onto my hand.
Pillsbury Filled Pastry Bags solve all of my problems, coming prefilled with my favorite frosting flavors. They are sealed at the top preventing spillage and the frosting is the perfect, spreadable frosting consistency making fall baking a cinch!
They also come pre-fitted with a star tip, so I don’t have to fumble around looking for that elusive little baggie filled with my many frosting tips.
The pre-filled and sealed Pastry Bags also makes it easy for kids to use. Have them decorate their own Spice Cupcakes for a fun after school or rainy weekend activity with less mess. Spice Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting are also the perfect addition to your neighborhood chili cook-off or football party.
Even this decorating-challenged cupcake maker can easily make three designs using the star tip!
Stars- just easily press out a bit and pull up, repeat until spice cupcake is fully frosted.
Rosette- Press firmly in a circular direction starting on the outside working inward.
Waves- Press firmly on the bag and move in a line in a zig-zag motion.
You can find your Pastry Bag in three flavors: Vanilla, Chocolate Fudge, and Cream Cheese in the baking aisle.
Check out these other easy cupcake recipes:
If you are looking for even more dessert recipes, snag a copy of my Easy Dessert Recipes Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, these easy dessert recipes are ready with less than 30 minutes hands-on time and are sure to please all your family friends. From no-bake to make-ahead, you are sure to find something you love!
Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 16 ounce Pillsbury Filled Pastry Bag Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- Decorative sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 dozen muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and continue to beat for 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each and scraping down the sides after each. Incorporate vanilla.
- Alternate adding milk and flour mixture until fluffy combined. Mixture will be runny.
- Divide batter between lined tins, filling them 1/2 -3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cupcakes are golden and tops are springy to the touch and pass the toothpick test.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting with Cream Cheese Pillsbury Filled Pastry Bag Cream Cheese Frosting.
- If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!