Whether you use it to make lemonade, in a cocktail or as a marinade, lemon juice can be used in many ways! These are the BEST lemon juice recipes!
What is lemon juice?
Lemon juice is quite simply the juice from a lemon. I bet you never would have guessed, right?
What is lemon juice used for?
- Lemonade – lemonade is basically made up of three parts: water, sugar and lemon juice.
- Cocktails – there are many cocktails that utilize lemon juice, but maybe the most popular is the lemon drop martini.
- Soft Drinks – lemon and lime flavored sodas commonly use a small amount of lemon juice for flavor.
- Marinades – lemon juice is always popular when marinating fish. The acid from the juice neutralizes the amines in the fish. When using the juice to marinade meats like chicken and beef, it breaks down the collagen fibers and tenderizes the meat.
- Preservatives – adding lemon juice to cut fruit like apples or bananas helps to prevent them from oxidizing (or turning brown.)
Here are some of our favorite recipes that use lemon juice:
- Lemon Ginger Water
- Lemon Cucumber Water (Detox Water)
- Creamy Lemon Pasta
- Lemon Aioli
- Grilled Calamari
- Lemon Cooler Cookies
- Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Lemon Pepper Salmon
- Lemon Garlic Yakitori Wings
- Crispy Caper Lemon Salmon
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp Salad
- Lemon Artichoke Pesto
- Shaved Zucchini Salad with Lemon Chive Dressing
- Almond Lemon Cake
- Lemon Yogurt Pound Cake