There is nothing quite like homemade mashed potatoes, but those can become bland. Mix it up by using some new ingredients, like mascarpone and roasted red peppers, to make these Mascarpone Mashed Potatoes!
Mascarpone Mashed Potatoes take traditional mashed potatoes up a notch by adding creamy mascarpone and roasted red peppers!
Have you ever spent the time to peel, dice and boil your perfect mashed potatoes and then, bam, you pour in a little bit too much milk , cream or butter and now you are left with a soupy mess?
I always try to add slowly so I don’t hit this critical point, but it can be hard to estimate prior to whisking or ricing. But you are in luck, I have a simple cheater tool for you: instant mashed potatoes.
Personally, I do not care for dehydrated potatoes flakes, but they are a fast fix for loose mashed taters. Just add a small amount until your mashed potato masterpiece reaches the optimal consistency.
Not too sure how to make mashed potatoes? The good news is they aren’t hard to make! All you need is some potatoes, milk, and butter, and you’re ready to go! Peel and chop up your potatoes and boil them until soft. Next you mash them up and add in your milk and butter and just whisk until smooth!
Short on time? You can also make Mascarpone Mashed Potatoes using all instant mashed potatoes by cooking according to package directions, omitting butter and milk from this recipe and picking up with the mascarpone, roasted red peppers, salt and parsley.
If you enjoyed this mashed potatoes recipe, check out these easy potato recipes:
- Slow Cooker Garlic Dill Mashed Potatoes
- Twice Baked Potatoes
- Cast Iron Sweet Potatoes with Honey and Cinnamon
- 5 large russet potatoes more if they are small or medium, peeled and cubed into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup butter room temperature and cut into cubes
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- ½ cup roasted red pepper drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped (more for garish if desired)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fine sea salt divided
- Fill large pot or Dutch oven with water and salt with 1 tablespoon fine sea salt. Add potatoes and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir occasionally until potatoes are soft and can easily be mashed, approximately 15 minutes. Drain in a colander.
- Return potatoes to the same hot pot or Dutch oven. Whisk in butter, mascarpone and whole milk. Potatoes should whisk easily, but if you like smooth as silk taters- use a ricer. Mix until blended. You might need a little more milk to reach desired consistency.
- Using a spoon, fold in roasted red pepper, parsley and salt.
- Serve immediately and piping hot. Enjoy your Roasted Red Pepper and Mascarpone Mashed Potatoes!
If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!