It is holiday time! Do you have your menus and cocktails planned yet? I’m planning mine and looking forward to making this Ruby Red Jubilee Cocktail and enjoying it while sitting in front of a crackling fire.
Ruby Red Jubilee Cocktail is the perfect holiday cocktail made with Sagamore Spirit rye whiskey, grapefruit and lime juice, and cinnamon syrup.
And when I get home from work. And for my holiday parties. And for new year’s eve. Really, the Ruby Red Jubilee Cocktail is perfect for any occasion and has fruit, so you get your daily dose of vitamins.
At least that is what I am telling myself and you should know that I am truly skilled at making things make sense in almost any situation. Especially when it comes to a lovely libation.
Make sure you PIN this Whiskey Cocktail!
Sagamore Spirit is Baltimore’s own rye whiskey, made on a local farm with pure and naturally filtered spring water, fed from a limestone aquifer.
It is quickly becoming the locals’ choice for straight whiskey and also creative cocktails.
What makes Sagamore Spirit different?
- Tantalizing aroma– this whiskey gives you a big old hug with just one sniff with complex and captivating aromas of warm cinnamon, vanilla bean, honey, and nutmeg.
- Refined palate– Smooth mouth-feel, with caramel and molasses up front and peppery baking spices on the end.
- Rich color– Beautiful bonfire glow with amber with gold undertones.
- Distinctive Finish– A refreshing and zesty rye spiciness without making the “pucker face”.
Grapefruit and whiskey might seem like an odd choice, but trust me, they go together like two birds of a feather. The sharp citrus flavor the grapefruit pairs perfectly with a brown spirit.
I love to use fresh juice whenever I can, but if it isn’t the right season for it, I will go ahead with the pre-squeezed stuff. Both are high in vitamin C, vitamin A, and antioxidants. I wasn’t lying before!
Create a festive Sagamore Spirit “make your own cocktail” bar at your next party. Serve Ruby Red Jubilee Cocktails with an Orange Frost, Spiced Whiskey Cider, or Whiskey Holiday Fizz.
Place recipes for all cocktails in colorful holiday picture frames and supply your guests with all the garnishes, the ingredients, and the tools they need and voila. They get to have a little fun being the bartender and you can mingle with everyone.
Make sure to enjoy Ruby Red Jubilee Cocktails responsibly, only serve to those who are 21 years or older and do not drink or drive.
Check out these other Whiskey Cocktails:
Ruby Red Jubilee Cocktail
- Shake and serve over ice with grapefruit slices and a dash of cinnamon.
- If you’ve made this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!
Photos courtesy of Sagamore Spirit. Learn more about Sagamore Spirit at sagemorespirit.com.