I’m telling you, this Garlic Butter Brussels Sprouts recipe is a life changer! Melted butter, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil, and parmesan cheese make this one amazing side dish.
Garlic Butter Brussels Sprouts is an easy side dish that even sprout haters will love! Fresh brussel sprouts covered in butter, garlic, and topped with parmesan cheese.
Poor brussels sprouts. They always get a bad name and I’m not sure why. Their reputation alone causes people to never even try them.
But WAIT- have you tried my Garlic Butter Brussels Sprouts?
Between Garlic Butter Brussels Sprouts and my Bacon and Brussels Sprouts, I’ve turned the nay-sayers into believers time and time again.
Of course, there are those who have only had frozen or canned, and then I completely understand the aversion. The truth is, fresh brussels sprouts are amazingly simple to prepare and delicious to eat. Certainly not the mushy, butter mess that you are served a cafeteria style restaurant.
Brussels sprouts honestly just look like barbie sized cabbages and have a similar taste to cabbage. They are in the same family as cabbage so it just makes sense. They can have a bitter taste depending on how they are cooked, but cooked just right, they are slightly sweet.
If you roast them then they tend to have a sweeter taste and if you saute them it helps to reduce the bitterness and have a more savory flavor. Don’t bother boiling them, they just get soft and soggy which is just gross.
The key to getting a delectable taste is in the way they are cooked. Here I cook them on the stovetop and cover them in a garlic butter sauce, so naturally they are delicious.
Also, don’t forget how great brussel sprouts are for your health, filled with vitamins A & C, fiber, and folic acids! A true superfood.
And lastly, are they brussel sprouts or brussels sprouts? The later is correct. They originated in Belgium! So even though most will remove the “S”, you’ll know the correct version.
If you enjoyed this brussel sprouts recipe, check out these easy side dish recipes:
- Brussels Sprout Salad
- Herb Grilled Potatoes
- Red Wine Vinegar Broccolini
- Orzo Salad with Goat Cheese and Asparagus
- 1 lb fresh brussels sprouts ends trimmed and any nasty leaves removed
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon light extra virgin olive oil
- Fine sea salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. When melted, add garlic. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add light extra virgin olive oil and brussels sprouts, season lightly with fine sea salt and pepper. Continue to heat over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until a brilliant green hue.
- Remove and top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!