Best Apple Pie Recipe
Apple pie is apple pie, right? Wrong. Not all pies are made the same, The Best Apple Pie recipe is out of this world.
The Best Apple Pie Recipe is an all-American dessert recipe that pairs tart apples with the perfect amount of sugar and spice.
It’s a bold statement to say you have THE BEST of anything when it comes to recipes, but I’m pretty confident that this recipe is one of the best, if not #1. It was part of my “Friendsgiving” event about a month ago.
I asked my closest friends to bring me their star dish from the holidays. My neighbor Giovanna, a fellow foodie, brought over her classic Apple Pie. It was pretty amazing and darn pretty too!
What are the keys to a magnificent apple pie? Well, first of all, let’s clarify this one is traditional, not Amish or sour cream or any of the other varieties. It is absolutely a classic take on apple pie.
Make sure you PIN Best Apple Pie!
Pie Crust is one of the few things I feel is better bought than made from scratch. Although easy enough, it can be very challenging to get the right pliability and consistency to create a beautiful crust.
Now, you can choose to make your own if you are feeling adventurous, but if not, it is just as easy to get a frozen pie crust from your local grocery store and sometimes even your local bakery.
The presentation is the last element to the BEST Apple Pie. Use a small leaf cookie cutter and layer over the top. A light egg wash will create dimension and color to really make your pie pop.
If you loved this pie, check out my recipes for other delicious pies:
If you are looking for even more dessert recipes, snag a copy of my Easy Dessert Recipes Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, these easy dessert recipes are ready with less than 30 minutes hands-on time and are sure to please all your family friends. From no-bake to make-ahead, you are sure to find something you love!
CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Pinterest | Instagram
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
The Best Apple Pie
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a 9-inch pie plate with one of the prepared pie crusts. Press on the bottom and sides of crust with a fork to remove any air bubbles.
- Add apples to a large bowl. Mix sugar, flour and apple pie spice in a small bowl, then sprinkle over apples and toss to coat well. Pour mixture into the prepared pie plate, then dot with butter.
- Using pie crust cutters, cut a variety of different size leaves out of the remaining pie crust. I took my leaves and lined them around the top in a circle, spiraling in towards the center, but feel free to be creative and place them as you like! The most important thing is to cover the entire top of the apples with pie crust leaves. Once the leaves are in place, brush with a beaten egg and sprinkle with additional sugar, if desired.
- Bake 45 minutes or until crust leaves are golden brown and the filling is bubbling. Cool before serving as is or with vanilla ice cream.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!