You read the title correctly, Candied Bacon Maple Cheesecake. Brownie Brittle ™, Candied Bacon and Maple Cheesecake. Bacon on a cheesecake? YES, yes, yes… I can not tell you how many times- YES!!!
Candied Bacon Maple Cheesecake is made up of a maple cheesecake topped with candied bacon and a Salted Caramel Brownie Brittle ™ Crust! This decadent cheesecake recipe is a dessert no one can resist!
A few months back I had my first experience with Brownie Brittle ™ by Sheila G..
You’ve seen it at the grocery store, so what exactly is it? You know the crusty corners of your traditional brownie pan? The ones that everyone fights over?
Brownie Brittle ™ is an entire bag of nothing but velvety, crispy brownie batter. *HEAVEN* Ready to try a bag? Scroll down to the bottom of this post to see how YOU can win a Sampler Pack!
Since trying it, I crave it. A handful at night fulfills my chocolate craving without having to bake. I then started to think about what else I could do with Brownie Brittle ™ tasty treats.
I started by crumbling it over my vanilla frozen yogurt, then dipping it into a peanut butter dessert dip and then the magic happened… pie crust!
It really built itself from there. My favorite candy is actually Bacon Candy, so I wanted to pair it with a creamy and decadent dessert, cheesecake! Maple cheesecake!
I used Salted Caramel Brownie Brittle ™- which satisfies my intense needs for salty and sweet, but Brownie Brittle ™ comes in a variety of flavors: Chocolate Chip, Salted Caramel, Mint Chocolate Chip and Toffee Crunch.
Need one more reason to try Brownie Brittle ™? They only have 120 calories per serving… so you can snack without the guilt.
Check out these other easy cheesecake recipes:
- Creamy No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- Triple Chocolate Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- Berry Ricotta Cheesecake
- 19+ Delicious Cheesecake Recipes
Candied Bacon Maple Cheesecake
- Candied bacon chopped (see Savory Experiments for the recipe)
- Maple syrup , for drizzling
- Heat the oven to 375°F. Line a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper on the bottom and either along the sides or grease well vegetable shortening. Wrap the bottom of the springform pan in aluminum foil. Wrap again (to protect from the water bath). Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the gingersnap crumbs, butter and sugar. tablespoon sugar and melted butter. Mix until all crumbs are moistened. Press the gingersnap mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 8 minutes, remove and set aside. Remove and reduce the oven temperature to 350°F.
- Beat the cream cheese in large bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment until smooth, at least 2-3 minutes. Add the dark brown sugar, flour, and salt, continue to blend until combined. Add the maple syrup, sour cream and vanilla, continue to blend. Add the eggs, one at a time, and blend until fully combined and smooth, approximately 3-4 minutes. If you see any small bits of cream cheese, pour the cheesecake batter through a strainer to remove any small pieces of unblended cream cheese.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the prepared crust. Set aside.
- Place springform pan into a high rimmed baking sheet or the bottom of a broiler pan or other high-sided dish that will fit a 9-inch pan. Fill the containing pan 1/2 way with water.
- Bake the cheesecake for 70-75 minutes, or until the center jiggles just a tad, but the edges are a light brown. If edges start to brown before enter is set (not jiggly), loosely cover with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Turn off the oven and crack open, allow to cool in the oven for 1 hour. Remove and cover (if fully cooled) and chill for a minimum of 12 hours, but best overnight.
- When ready to serve, carefully remove from the springform pan to serving dish. Before serving, drizzle with additional maple syrup and top with chopped Candied Bacon.
- If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was in the comments or star ratings~