*I received products in exchange for this post and giveaway. Recipe, photos, and opinions are 100% my own.
You read the title correctly, Candied Bacon Maple Cheesecake. Brownie Brittle ™, Candied Bacon and Maple Cheesecake. Bacon on a cheesecake? YES, yes, yes… I can not tell you how many times- YES!!!
Candied Bacon Maple Cheesecake is made up of a maple cheesecake topped with candied bacon and a Salted Caramel Brownie Brittle ™ Crust! This decadent cheesecake recipe is a dessert no one can resist!
A few months back I had my first experience with Brownie Brittle ™ by Sheila G..
You’ve seen it at the grocery store, so what exactly is it? You know the crusty corners of your traditional brownie pan? The ones that everyone fights over?
Brownie Brittle ™ is an entire bag of nothing but velvety, crispy brownie batter. *HEAVEN* Ready to try a bag? Scroll down to the bottom of this post to see how YOU can win a Sampler Pack!
Since trying it, I crave it. A handful at night fulfills my chocolate craving without having to bake. I then started to think about what else I could do with Brownie Brittle ™ tasty treats.
I started by crumbling it over my vanilla frozen yogurt, then dipping it into a peanut butter dessert dip and then the magic happened… pie crust!
It really built itself from there. My favorite candy is actually Bacon Candy, so I wanted to pair it with a creamy and decadent dessert, cheesecake! Maple cheesecake!
I used Salted Caramel Brownie Brittle ™- which satisfies my intense needs for salty and sweet, but Brownie Brittle ™ comes in a variety of flavors: Chocolate Chip, Salted Caramel, Mint Chocolate Chip and Toffee Crunch.
Need one more reason to try Brownie Brittle ™? They only have 120 calories per serving… so you can snack without the guilt.
If you loved this cheesecake recipe, check out these other easy cheesecake recipes:
If you are looking for even more dessert recipes, snag a copy of my Easy Dessert Recipes Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, these easy dessert recipes are ready with less than 30 minutes hands-on time and are sure to please all your family friends. From no-bake to make-ahead, you are sure to find something you love!
Candied Bacon Maple Cheesecake
- 16 ounces Salted Caramel Brownie Brittle ™ ground into crumbs in food processor
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Cooking spray
- 16 ounces 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup maple syrup plus extra for drizzling
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- Candied bacon chopped (see Savory Experiments for the recipe)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium mixing bowl, mix Salted Caramel Brownie Brittle ™ crumbs, 1 tablespoon sugar and melted butter. Mix until all crumbs are moistened. Coat 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Press Salted Caramel Brownie Brittle ™ into the bottom of the pan, pressing down hard with the back of a spoon. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove and reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment until smooth, at least 2-3 minutes. Add dark brown sugar, flour, and salt, continue to blend until combined. Add 1 cup maple syrup, sour cream and vanilla, continue to blend. Add eggs and blend until fully combined and smooth, approximately 3-4 minutes, be patient!
- Pour cream cheese mixture over Salted Caramel Brownie Brittle ™ crust. Tap on your countertop for at least 1 minute to pull out any tiny air bubbles.
- Place springform pan into a high rimmed baking sheet or the bottom of a broiler pan. Fill containing pan 1/2 way with water. Cooking in a water bath will keep your cheesecake smooth, allow to bake flat and prevent cracking.
- Bake cheesecake for 80-90 minutes, or until the center has set and edges are a light brown. If edges start to brown before enter is set (not jiggly), loosely cover with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Remove and allow to fully cool. While still in springform pan, refrigerate for a minimum of 12 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Carefully remove from springform pan to serving dish. Before serving, drizzle with additional maple syrup and top with chopped Candied Bacon. Enjoy!
- If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!