I’m always on the lookout for desserts I can serve for the holidays that are a little different and original but still keep the traditional holiday dessert essence.
That’s why I love these Pecan Pie Cheesecake – it’s the perfect medley of two classic desserts in one!
This Pecan Pie Cheesecake is the perfect combination of two delicious desserts – chocolate pecan pie and cheesecake. It’s so good it’ll quickly replace your best pecan pie recipe.
Though it feels like we’re still in the middle of somewhere, the holiday season is quickly approaching. Believe it or not, Thanksgiving is just two months away. How crazy is that?!
Of course, that means I’ve already started a mental list of dishes to make for upcoming holiday dinners, with a focus on my favorite course – dessert.
I want to make some new desserts this year, something a bit more exciting than pumpkin pie, while still keeping with the traditional holiday flavors.
I’m a huge cheesecake lover, not just during the holidays but all year round, and one of my favorite holiday pies is chocolate pecan pie.
I started wondering what it would be like to combine those two flavors, which resulted in this Pecan Pie Cheesecake. I’m fairly positive it’s a candidate for one of the best pecan pie recipes, it’s that good!
The base of this Pecan Pie Cheesecake is what I consider the best cheesecake recipe. Yes, it’s very particular about certain things, like allowing it to cool naturally in the oven, but it’s so worth it.
Dark brown sugar isn’t something I generally add to my cheesecakes, but paired with pecan pie, the molasses and hint of salt really brings out the flavors.
The pecan layer is from my favorite chocolate pecan pie recipe and so delicious!
This is definitely not a last minute dessert, since the cheesecake needs to chill for at least 8 hours before being served (I think 12 or more is best) but the pecan topping should be added just before being served.
I promise it tastes so much better that way!
This Pecan Pie Cheesecake will definitely be making its way on to my Thanksgiving menu this year!
More cheesecake recipes:
- Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Berry Ricotta Cheesecake
- Grasshopper Cheesecake Bars
- Banana Fried Cheesecake
- Even more of the BEST Cheesecake Recipes!
CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Pinterest | Instagram
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
Pecan Pie Cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan with parchment paper, then coat with cooking spray.
- Stir together graham crackers crumbs, brown sugar and Kosher salt until well combined.
- Add melted butter until fully combined. Press into bottom of springform pan.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Remove and set aside to cool while you assemble the cheesecake layer.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a large mixing bowl with electric mixer, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add sour cream and continue to beat until combined. Scrape down the sides and paddle.
- Incorporate dark brown sugar, beating until well combined. Scrape down the sides and paddle.
- Add eggs, one at a time, until fully combined.
- Add flour, vanilla and salt.
- Spread cheesecake mixture over cooled graham cracker crust. Tap several times to release air bubbles and settle the batter.
- Wrap the bottom of your springform pan in aluminum foil to prevent water bath from seeping in.
- Place your cheesecake in another, larger baking dish. Fill with water to half way up springform pan.
- Place in oven for 90 minutes. If the top starts to brown, cover loosely with a piece of aluminum foil.
- After 90 minutes, turn off oven and vent door, allowing to cool naturally for about an hour.
- Remove from water bath and take off aluminum foil wrap. Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill for 8-24 hours.
- To make pecan pie cheesecake, melt butter over low heat in a medium skillet.
- Add brown sugar and heavy cream. Continue to stir and heat over low heat until sugar is fully dissolved and mixture is smooth.
- Add chocolate chips until smooth.
- Remove from heat, add pecans and Kosher salt, tossing until fully covered. Set aside to cool for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Spoon over cheesecake before serving.
- Garnish with Easy Caramel Sauce and Fleur de Sel.