Ham and Cheese Sliders are my favorite Hawaiian roll sliders! I make them all the time and there’s NEVER any leftovers!
Ham and Cheese Sliders are easy, cheesy and delicious! One of the best recipe for parties of all types, from baby showers and birthday parties to holiday parties and casual family get-togethers.
I first had Ham and Cheese Sliders at a baby shower about 10 years ago. I wanted to steal the pan, take them to a vacant bedroom and devour the whole tray.
The hostess said the recipe ran in her family for years as I snapped a pic of the handwritten note card on my phone. Turns out, I think Ham and Cheese Sliders aren’t that secret.
It seems they are the recipe of many families and I’m now surprised that was my very first time eating ham sliders.
Regardless, they are the perfect party food and can be made in large batches. They are delicious and there will never be any leftover. I guarantee it.
Since then, I’ve been working on perfecting my very own ham sliders recipe. This one is very close to the first recipe I snapped a photo of, with a few tweaks, like using sweet Hawaiian roll sliders and the mixture poured over the top.
The best thing about these Ham and Cheese Sliders is that the ingredients are so simple that it’s all but impossible to find someone who doesn’t like them.
Unlike my Cuban Sliders which picky eaters may not like because of the pickles, Ham and Cheese Sliders seem to be a universal favorite, from kids to adults.
As I mentioned, I first had these at a baby shower but I think ham sliders are one of the best recipes for parties of any type – birthday parties, baby or wedding showers, holiday parties, etc.
You could even switch out the honey ham for leftover holiday ham. It’s easy to double or triple this recipe to serve a large group.
While these make a great appetizer, you could also make them for a light lunch or dinner and just eat more than one! (Because they’re so good you’ll want more than one anyway!)
Since you like these Ham and Cheese Sliders, you may also like these other easy slider recipes:
Tools for making Ham and Cheese Sliders:
9 x 13 Glass Baking Dish– an absolute essential for any kitchen! Use it for baking, marinating or storing. Get one with a lid, you’ll thank me later.
Wood cutting board – wood won’t dull your knives like plastic and if treated properly, has natural antimicrobial properties.
Check out even more slider recipes HERE in my 19+ Hawaiian slider roll recipe collection!
- 12 Hawaiian sweet roll sliders
- 1/2 pound honey ham , thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound Swiss cheese , thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place all 12 Hawaiian rolls onto a surface suitable for cutting. Using a serrated knife, slice in half while keeping tops and bottoms intact. It should be like one large sandwich.
- Place the bottom layer of rolls in a 9x13 pan.
- Evenly layer the cheese and ham over Hawaiian roll bottoms. Place the tops back on.
- In a small bowl, combine unsalted butter, Dijon mustard, poppy seeds, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce and fine sea salt. Place in the microwave until butter has melted, approximatly 40 seconds.
- Pour over the tops of the rolls, trying to get as much on top as you can.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil and continue to bake until tops are slightly browned and cheese has melted.
- Remove, cut into 12 individual sliders and serve hot.
If you've tried this recipe, make sure to come back and let us know how it went!
If you liked this Easy Dinner Recipe, snag a copy of my Easy Dinner Recipes Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, here is a small collection of time-saving, hearty and satisfying dinners guaranteed to get you in and out in 30 minutes or less!