Well, as it turns out, my 2-year-old daughter is quite the ham and on her way to being the next Facebook star. Maybe YouTube? TikTok? Is that what the kids are doing these days?
Cheesy Pizza Sandwich Sliders are easy to make with just 4 ingredients and the best for parties. Loved by kids and adults!
We knew she was spunky and entertaining, but I underestimated how many others would enjoy watching her as well.
A very impromptu and unplanned Facebook live making Oatmeal Raisin cookies while trying to fill our monotonous days is turning into a regular thing. She woke up this morning asking me what we were going to “make”.
So here we are, making these cheesy pizza sliders. She loves a good French Bread Pizza, so it was a natural choice.
I used to make them in a panini press with sliced French bread, but if you are making them as a party appetizer, this technique is easier to make in bulk.
They are perfect as a party appetizer, but also a quick lunch or afternoon snack. Everyone is guaranteed to love them and can make their own unique creations.
How to Make Pizza Sandwich Sliders
It is easy. First, find a 2-year-old. Just kidding. I actually recommend against this, as it takes a very long time to make them.
Next, decide what bread to use. We were making slider sandwiches and choose to use sweet Hawaiian Rolls, but you can use larger buns, regular dinner rolls or any type of bread you prefer.
PRO TIP: Serve sliders with a side of marinara sauce for dipping.
Cut them in half and lay the bottom half on a cooking tray. Spread a thin layer of marinara sauce, pizza sauce or plain tomato sauce on the bottom, but not too much because you don’t want them to get soggy. Next, topping them with desired toppings.
Our favorite pizza toppings:
- Crumbled sausage
- Diced bell pepper
- Chopped onion
- Crushed red pepper flakes
Top with a low moisture mozzarella cheese and top of the bread. Make sure to use a low moisture cheese which gives the maximum cheesiness, but low water to prevent it from sogging up the bread.
Lastly, baste with butter seasoned with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. If you use salted butter, omit the additional salt.
PRO TIP: Swap out turkey pepperoni to save a few calories!
Bake for just 7-10 minutes or until the cheese melts and you are done!
Can I make pizza slider ahead of time?
I actually don’t suggest assembling or cooking these sliders ahead of time because the marinara sauce and/or butter baste will make the bread soggy. It really only takes a few minutes to assemble them before popping into the oven.
What you can do is get all the items prepped and then assemble right before you need them.
I also don’t recommend freezing them. Pizza sliders taste best right out of the oven, but you can keep them in the fridge for 1-2 days if you have leftovers.
Here are a few more slider sandwich recipes you might like:
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
Pizza Sandwich Sliders
- 12 slider rolls , cut in half
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce , more for dipping
- 1/2 cup low moisture mozzarella cheese , shredded
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoni , about 24 thin slices
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- Place bottoms of rolls on the baking sheet. Spread marinara sauce evenly over rolls. Top with pepperoni slices, other desired toppings and mozzarella cheese.
- Place tops back onto sliders.
- Whisk together melted butter with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, black pepper and fine sea salt.
- Baste over the tops of your sliders.
- Bake, uncovered, for 7-10 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately.
- Come back and let us know how you liked them!