Cheesy Pizza Sliders are easy to make with just 4 ingredients and the best for parties. Loved by both kids and adults!
Well, as it turns out, my 2-year-old daughter is quite the ham and on her way to being the next Facebook star. Maybe YouTube? TikTok? Is that what the kids are doing these days?
We knew she was spunky and entertaining, but I underestimated how many others would enjoy watching her as well.
They are the perfect party food or game day food, but also a quick lunch or easy weeknight dinners. Everyone is guaranteed to love them and can make their own unique creations.
My family loves having these cheese pizza sliders for our once a week designated pizza night. Sometimes it’s just fun to do things a little different. And with rolls, zesty tomato sauce and a layer of pepperoni and cheese, you just can’t go wrong.
- Slider rolls – You can use any type of rolls, but I prefer those delicious Hawaiian sweet rolls. They’re easy to tear apart and the flavor is unmatched.
- Marinara sauce – Use your favorite. Whether that’s a jar from the grocery store or a homemade recipe.
- Mozzarella cheese – Melty cheese is what makes these easy pizza sliders so delicious. Mozzarella is the best to achieve that. However, you could throw in some parmesan cheese too.
- Pepperoni – Use as many or as little slices of pepperoni as you would like. If you don’t like pepperoni, check out some of our other topping ideas.
- Butter – I always use unsalted butter so that I can control the amount of salt that goes into it. But if all you have is salted, just leave out the additional salt.
- Garlic powder – Garlic powder makes for a smoother garlic butter. But if you want to amp up the flavor, use minced garlic.
- Italian seasoning – This is such a classic seasoning blend that tastes great on almost anything. Plus, it’s always in my spice cabinet.
- Salt and pepper – Freshly ground pepper and coarse kosher salt are my favorite to use for this homemade pizza sliders recipe.
PRO TIP: Swap out turkey pepperoni to save a few calories!
Favorite Pizza Toppings
The toppings for these pepperoni cheese sliders are really endless. Whether you like lots of cheese or want to put a fun twist on traditional pizza flavors, you can mix up your pizza sliders toppings however you’d like. These are just some suggestions:
- Crumbled sausage
- Diced bell pepper
- Chopped onion
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Black olives
- Green pepper
How to Make Pepperoni Pizza Sliders Recipe
- Prepare oven. Preheat oven and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- Add toppings. Place bottom bun on the baking sheet. Spread marinara sauce evenly over rolls. Top with pepperoni slices, then put the cheese on top of the pepperoni.
- Add tops. Place tops back onto sliders.
- Make garlic butter. Whisk together melted butter with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, black pepper and fine sea salt.
- Spread on top. Baste butter over the top of the rolls.
- Bake. Bake, uncovered. Remove and serve immediately.
- Dip. You can dip them in more marinara, garlic butter sauce or even ranch dressing.
Storage and Freezing
I actually don’t suggest assembling or cooking these sliders ahead of time because the marinara sauce and/or butter baste will make the bread soggy. It really only takes a few minutes to assemble them before popping into the oven.
What you can do is get all the items prepped and then assemble right before you need them.
I also don’t recommend freezing them. Pizza sliders taste best right out of the oven, but you can keep them in the fridge for 1-2 days if you have leftovers.
- 12 slider rolls , cut in half
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce , more for dipping
- 1 cup low moisture mozzarella cheese , shredded
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni , about 24 thin slices
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- Place bottoms of rolls on the baking sheet. Spread marinara sauce evenly over rolls. Top with pepperoni slices, other desired toppings and mozzarella cheese.
- Place tops back onto sliders.
- Whisk together melted butter with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, black pepper and fine sea salt.
- Baste over the tops of your sliders.
- Bake, uncovered, for 7-10 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately.
- Come back and let us know how you liked them!