Why is this the best brownie recipe ever? Simple. It is an easy brownie recipe for basic, fudgy and deliciously chocolatey brownies. Brownies from scratch are easy… after you find the right recipe.
This Best Brownie Recipe Ever makes basic brownies from scratch! Add caramel for some sweet and salty brownie goodness!
While cooking is more of an art form, baking is chemistry. I’m a not a chemist, so I generally need to start off with a base recipe for brownies and other baked goods. When doing my research, I came across some pretty interesting brownie recipes.
Did you know that slutty brownies are one of the top search terms for easy brownies recipes? Followed closely by cosmic brownies. I’m not sure why, but I don’t associate either of these terms with brownies very frequently.
Are cosmic brownies pot brownies? I don’t even know!
I don’t bite in and say “oh my goodness, these slutty brownies are to die for” or “these cosmic brownies are rocking my universe. What makes a slutty brownie anyhow?
I’ll get off my soapbox for now, but you better beleive I’m making some slutty brownies this weekend to figure it all out. The best brownie recipe ever was developed after my sister gave me a new baking cookbook and Fleur de Sel for Christmas a few years ago.
I became obsessed with salted caramel on everything and basically any dessert that was both sweet and salty. After 13 attempts, I finally landed on the the best brownie recipe ever.
Here are tips for making brownies from scratch:
- Less flour will produce a less cake-like brownie, if you want chocolate cake, make a chocolate cake!
- Bakers chocolate versus powdered cocoa makes for a more moist brownie.
- Do not under bake- then you are just eating brownie batter, which is fine, but no need to bake it at all then!
Another quick hint for keeping your brownies fresh and moist, wait to drizzle with caramel and salt until ready to serve, take a few slices of plain white bread and set them on top of the brownies, cover tightly. The moisture in the bread will keep the brownies fresh until you are ready to serve them.
Tools for making the Best Brownie Recipe Ever:
Fleur de Sel– The perfect light and delicate salt for making desserts. Goes perfectly in sauces, on cookies, brownies, cakes and more!
Square Glass Baking Dish– I prefer glass to metal any day of the week. It looks nicer longer and usually comes with a lid.
Stand Mixer– I lived for a long time without one. My life was changed when I finally bit the bullet and bought one. Just do it and thank yourself later.
Here are more delicious brownie recipes if you want them:
- S’More Brownies
- White Chocolate Brownies
- Junior Mint Brownies
- Cookie Brownies
- Butterscotch Blondies
- Banana Walnut Brownies
If you are looking for even more dessert recipes, snag a copy of my Easy Dessert Recipes Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, these easy dessert recipes are ready with less than 30 minutes hands-on time and are sure to please all your family friends. From no-bake to make-ahead, you are sure to find something you love!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream eggs, both sugars and vanilla in a medium bowl using electric hand mixer or standing mixer with paddle.
- Add baking powder and salt, mix thoroughly.
- In small sauce pan, melt butter over low heat. Add chocolate and stir with wooden spoon until fully melted. A wooden spoon helps for the mixture to not stick too much.
- Mix chocolate and butter into sugar mixture. Incorporate flour. Stir until just mixed. Do not over mix, this can cause the brownies to be tough.
- Spray a 9X9 square baking pan with cooking spray. Spread brownie batter evenly into the pan.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes. When sides begin to pull from the sides remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- After brownies and caramel have cooled, drizzle caramel over the top of brownies. Sprinkle Fluer de Sel over brownies allowing it to stick to the caramel. Salt preferences vary.
If you've tried this recipe, make sure to come back and leave us a comment!
- Easy variation: Buy a box mix of brownies, bake according to package. Use pre-made caramel sauce, drizzle over brownies, salt with Fleur de Sel.