Junior Mint Brownie Recipe
This will be the best thing you see all day! I mean who doesn’t love a good brownie recipe, especially one that’s loaded with cool, refreshing, minty chocolate!
Junior Mints Brownies are homemade brownies blended with cool, creamy Junior Mints. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream for an amazing brownie sundae the whole family can enjoy!
Junior mints are my favorite movie theater candy. A cool, refreshing inside with a melty chocolate crust. You just can’t beat them.
This recipe is adapted from Cooking Light magazine from years ago, however I am not so sure how “light” it is, especially due to the fact that I have doubled the amount of Junior Mints used!
Junior Mint Brownies are cake-like with a hint of mint. There’s something about making brownies from scratch, that just makes them taste so good! When it comes to homemade brownies, this recipe is easy.
It’s so easy you can even have the little ones help out with this for a bit of fun. I’m sure you can just imagine the amazing Brownie Sundaes these Junior Mint Brownies must make.
Just churn up some homemade vanilla bean ice cream and top with fudge sauce and a cherry. Delicious!
If you like this brownie recipes, here are a couple more you might enjoy!
If you are looking for even more dessert recipes, snag a copy of my Easy Dessert Recipes Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, these easy dessert recipes are ready with less than 30 minutes hands-on time and are sure to please all your family friends. From no-bake to make-ahead, you are sure to find something you love!
- 4 ounces Junior Mints movie theater size
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 8x8 metal baking pan with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa together. Set aside.
- Set aside 9 junior mints in a small bowl. Put the rest in a medium microwave-safe mixing bowl with 1/4 cup butter. Heat in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir together.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a large mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer, blend sugar, whole egg, egg white and vanilla. Gradually blend in dry mixture. Be careful- this process gets dusty!
- Spread batter into pan. Bake for 26-30 minutes or until it passes "the toothpick" test.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes. The brownies should be warm, but not hot. Equidistant apart, press 9 Junior Mints into the top of the brownies. Allow to cool completely then remove foil lining and cut into 9 squares, each with a Junior Mint in the center.
If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!