Butterscotch Blondies are the close cousin of the traditional brownie. Delicious, but not chocolate, blond.
Butterscotch Blondies are soft brown butter brownies loaded with butterscotch chips and drizzled with salted caramel sauce.
Let me start this post by saying I went through 4, yes, 4 variations of Butterscotch Blondies before I landed on this final version. My goal was to create soft blondie brownies that still had the essence of brown sugar and browned butter.
Surprisingly, it was harder than I thought. Some were too thick, others too cake-like. Some didn’t taste like much at all and still others, like taking a giant bite of pure sugar.
My inspiration for this particular Butterscotch Blondies recipe was a dish I had out with girlfriends. The softest blondies you ever did sink your teeth into coupled with a heaping scoop of Salted Caramel Ice Cream. Pure heaven and I had to have more!
It was a seasonal dish at the restaurant so the only option was to create it myself. This recipe ended up just as heavenly.
I hope you love these brown butter brownies as much as I did! The caramel is optional, but a fabulous addition.
If you like this Butterscotch Blondie recipe, you’ll love these too!
- Slutty Brownies (after you get past the name, check them out!)
- The Best Brownie Recipes
- S’more Brownies
- White Chocolate Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter until pale and fluffy. Add sugar, continue to beat.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to wet ingredients. Do not overmix.
- Fold in butterscotch chips by hand.
- Spread into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
- Remove and allow to cool completely before cutting into 16 bars.
If you've tried this recipe, come back and let me know how it was!