*I received compensation in exchange for this post, however all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Beautiful food deserves a beautiful dish. The color, style and presentation can make or break the best of flavors. Shaved Zucchini Salad with Lemon Chive Dressing was just perfect for my new Qamara Salad Bowl by Le Souk Ceramique from Wayfair.com.
Shaved Zucchini Salad is a visually and textually appealing salad using different shapes and flavors to make an easy salad recipe. Lemon Chive Dressing is fresh and zesty, the perfect homemade salad dressing accompaniment.
Salads can become ho-hum and boring, make sure you check out my 7 tips to keeping them fun and vibrant!
This salad follows many of my tips. Shaving zucchini adds interest in two ways: texture and visual appearance. Tossed in vinegar, it will be zesty on your tongue.
Serve your salad in a beautiful bowl, pretty food is always more alluring. Shallow, wide and colorful, this colorful dish allowed me to do more than merely toss some ingredients together, instead they were constructed masterfully.
Use yogurt as a dressing base. Oils are great, but a rich, creamy yogurt will had healthy sophistication to any dish. Shaved Zucchini Salad with Lemon-Chive Dressing is a sophisticated and flavorful salad your entire family will enjoy!
This salad also features unique croutons: toasted ramen noodles! When I as a kid, I used to like to eat the hard, raw noodles with that salty seasoning packets just plain. Gross, I know.
But as an adult, I ditched the salty packet, toasted up the noodles and made unique flavor and texture croutons!
Lastly, tart goat cheese adds the creamy element, but also compliments the sweet flavors. This shaved zucchini salad is sure to be a winner year round!
Make sure you check out my 7 tips for more interesting salads before you starting chopping!
More fun salad recipes!
Shaved Zucchini Salad with Lemon-Chive Dressing
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave zucchini and squash until you hit the seedy center, then discard. Shave carrot as well. Add cider vinegar and allow to marinate for 5 minutes while you prepare the salad.
- In a small skillet, dry (no oil), crumble plain ramen noodles, tossing to brown lightly. When browned, remove to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients, set aside.
- Add spring mix lettuce to a large, colorful serving bowl. Drain zucchini, squash and carrot mixture, pile in the center. Around the outsides, dot with goat cheese and ramen croutons.
- Serve with Lemon-Chive Dressing on the the side.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!