Easy Halloween Poke Cake Recipe
And it is officially fall. Food blogs are filled with anything and everything pumpkin and ghoulish.
Truth be told, I like Halloween, but I like the cutesy side, not the Zombies and spiders side, so my Halloween treats are generally simple, kid friendly and colorful.
Easy Halloween Cake is a pudding poke cake made with cake mix, chocolate pudding and Halloween colored Oreo cookies. An easy and delicious Halloween dessert!
This year I made a Halloween Oreo Poke Cake. Using boxed cake mix and instant pudding with America’s favorite cookie, you will have a crowd pleasing dessert that will feed up to 20 people, all for about $10.
The trick to any poke cake is to generously poke it with large holes. The pudding seeps on through, keeping the cake moist and flavorful for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
My rule to live by, there can never be enough pokes in your poke cake. Also, spread pudding when the cake is still warm. The heat will assist pudding in easing into every nook and cranny.
Check out these other easy Halloween desserts!
- Halloween Rice Krispie Treat Cake
- Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Pumpkins
- Easy Halloween Poke Cake
- Cake Cone Witch Hats
- Candy Corn Sugar Cookies
- Caramel Apple Cookies
- 20+ Ideas for Caramel Apples
- Halloween Bark
CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Pinterest | Instagram
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
Easy Halloween Cake
- Chocolate Cake mix
- Ingredients as required on the box
- 5.1 ounce box vanilla instant pudding
- 2 cups skim milk for pudding
- 1 pound Halloween Colored Oreos
- Orange Gel Food coloring
- Edible white glitter
- Cooking Spray
- Prepare cake according to package directions. Spread into a 9×13 glass baking dish coated with cooking spray and bake for 2 minutes less than package directions.
- Remove from the oven and poke generously with the end of a wooden spoon or a straw. Make many holes. The more holes, the more space for the delicious pudding to hide.
- Although the cake to cool slightly. Meanwhile whisk together pudding mix with skim milk. It will be liquidy, but will start to thicken as you whisk. It will take about 2 minutes. When you start to feel resistance allow to stand for 2 minutes. Stir in orange gel food coloring.
- Pour pudding mix over cake, patting down into the holes. Use a toothpick and prick more holes into the cake and pudding. Tap the whole dish several times to allow the pudding to settle into the cake.
- Put Oreo cookies into a large freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin. Or place cookies into a food processor and pulse until cookies are crumbled.
- Spread Oreo crumbles over pudding layer and pat down, top with edible glitter.
- Cover with aluminum foil and allow to set in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Keep cake refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!