This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Looking ahead and thinking about Halloween recipes for parties? This Halloween Dunkaroo Dip may be the easy Halloween dessert you’re looking for! It also includes a fun giveaway to help make YOUR Halloween super spooky, scroll on down to see what you could win!
This Halloween Dunkaroo Dip is a festive and easy cake batter dip that’s perfect for Halloween parties. With just a few ingredients and no baking involved, it’ll become one of your go-to Halloween desserts.
If you are a follower of Savory Experiments, you’ll know I am not a huge Halloween person. I like seeing the stream of cute, dressed-up baby faces on my Facebook feed, but I am far from one of those people who decks out the house with Halloween decorations and starts planning 6 months ahead.
I also don’t really care for blood, guts and ghouls. So any Halloween dessert I make is generally of the cutesy variety, following a color scheme instead of donning skeletons and brains.
Easy desserts are my favorite for all occasions, which is why I love this Halloween Dunkaroo Dip so much. It can literally be made in minutes! Dessert dips have honestly become one of my go-to desserts for any time I want something quick and easy just because they’re so simple but delicious.
One trick for this Dunkaroo Dip, or any dessert dip recipe made with cake mix, even regular ole cake, is to sift the mix. It will get rid of the large clumps that become so challenging to beat out. Over mixing can cause your cake to be rubbery and tough.
For this cake batter dip recipe, it is vital that you use a WHITE cake mix. Why? Because if you use yellow and add orange food coloring, the color might be off. It really depends on the mix.
I love using chocolate animal crackers, especially for Halloween. I even think one of the shapes is an arched back cat, or maybe I just made that up to feel more festive.
One of the things I love about this Halloween Dunkaroo Dip is that it’s a Halloween dessert appropriate for all age groups. Kids love it because it’s festive and fun – especially served with animal crackers – and adults love it because it’s yummy. Whenever I serve this, it’s one of the most popular Halloween desserts.
This cake batter mix will definitely become one of your go-to Halloween recipes for parties. It’s quick, easy and no baking required! You (and all of your guests) will just want to hover around the dessert table snacking!
Since you love this Halloween Dunkaroo Dip, you may like these other easy Halloween dessert recipes:
Halloween Dunkaroo Dip is a quick and easy cake batter dip that will become one of your go-to recipes for Halloween parties.
- 15.25 ounce box white cake mix , sifted
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- orange food coloring
- festive sprinkles
- chocolate animal crackers
- In a large mixing bowl, combine white cake mix, whipped topping and vanilla Greek yogurt. Mix until combined.
- Add orange food coloring until it reaches your desired hue of orange.
Top with festive Halloween sprinkles.
- Serve with chocolate animal crackers.
- If you've tried this recipe, make sure to come back and let us know how you liked it!
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Melting Ghost Hot Chocolate from Big Bear’s Wife
- Day of the Dead Mexican Chocolate Cupcakes from Pook’s Pantry
- Devilish Halloween Deviled Eggs from Pastry Chef Online
- Candy Corn Layer Cake from ReciPEAs
- Cauldron Cupcakes from Mrs. Happy Homemaker
- Black Magic Skull Cakes from Sugar Dish Me
- Frankenstein’s Monster Pudding Cups from I am a Honey Bee
- Halloween Sprinkle Cookie Cake from Love and Confections
- Chocolate Dipped Brownie Pops for Halloween from Southern From Scratch
- Creepy Crawly Dirt Cup Pudding Parfaits from 4 Sons R Us
- “Guts” Cinnamon Rolls from A Blender Mom
- Creepy Eyeball Donuts from Daily Dish Recipes
- Mummy Bites from Eat Move Make
- Monkey Brain Bread from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Cookie Pizza from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Boo Berry Pie from Kudos Kitchen
- Monster Donuts from The Baking Fairy
- Boogeyman Brew from Who Needs A Cape?
- Purple People Eater Thumbprints from The Spiffy Cookie
- Hocus Pocus Halloween Decorated Pretzels from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Black and Orange Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Skeleton Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Monster Mash Cake from Mildly Meandering
- Graveyard Skillet Brownies from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Blood-Red Pomegranate Margarita from The Redhead Baker
- Halloween Snoballs from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Chocolate Cherry Hand Pies from House of Nash Eats
- Halloween Dunkaroo Dip from Savory Experiments
- Bloody Eyeball Cherry Cheesecake Cupcakes from Katie’s Cucina
- Eye Scream Sundae from For the Love of Food
Happy Halloween! We hope you’re ready for a spooktacular event as we celebrate Halloween with the first annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This haunting week-long event is filled with fantastic Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For our very first #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 100 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Pure Vanilla Extract, Ground Cinnamon, Caramel Extract, Almond Extract, Pumpkin Pie Dip Mix and Adam’s Best Twice as strong Vanilla
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Halloween Cookie House Bat, Tombstone and Skull 3-Piece Cookie Cutter Set, Halloween Skull Tube Pan, Zombie Cupcake Liners, Skull Sugar Decorations
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away 1 (one) 1.5lb Sprinkle Mix Kit from their shop
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a $25 Visa Gift Card
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 1st – October 6th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Treat Street USA ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.