Halloween Rice Krispie Treat Cake Recipe
This fun and festive halloween rice krispie treats recipe is a great way to celebrate the holidays in style! Take your classic rice krispie treats recipe and make it into something even better.
Halloween Rice Krispie Treat Cake is stuffed with fluff! What better way to celebrate the holiday than with a giant homemade rice krispies treat?
Homemade rice krispie treats are my go-to for desserts. As proved by Buddy Valastro and his “cereal treats” they are super versatile and can be colored and molded into just about anything you desire!
While I’m not making miniature people with modeling chocolate, I can press the filling into a bundt pan for my Halloween Rice Krispie Treat Cake.
Is it just me, or do the store bought Rice Krispie treats taste too sweet? And too soft? The homemade kind aren’t nearly as sweet and make your jaw hurt while you are chewing.
Personally, I believe this is a pro to my Halloween Rice Krispie Treat Cake, the harder you chew, the more calories you burn, the more cake you can eat! Are you following my logic?
Halloween Rice Krispie Treat Cake is also a crowd pleaser. It looks super impressive with minimal work, my basic mantra for most cakes.
I am a really terrible decorator, but if you put enough layers of embellishment onto something, it looks fancy.
I learned that with my Caramel Apple Snickers Cake that went bonkers! I used frosting for this cake, as I learned that chocolate tastes great, but starts to flake off when you cut into the cake.
To add a little excitement to my Halloween Rice Krispie Treat Cake, I decide to “stuff it” with marshmallow creme (also known as fluff). Because everyone wants double the marshmallow!
You can also get creative and stuff it with whipped peanut butter, candy or chocolate chips. Want to get even fancier? Make your cake caramel or peanut butter flavored! Make sure to check out my other non-gore Halloween desserts.
If you liked this Halloween snack for a party, you’ll also love these other easy Halloween desserts!
- Halloween Bark
- Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars
- Easy Halloween Cake
- Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats
- Cake Cone Witch Hats
CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Pinterest | Instagram
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
Halloween Rice Krispie Treat Cake
- 5 tablespoons butter divided
- 6 cups mini marshmallows
- 8 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme (fluff)
- Festive frosting
- Festive sprinkles
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in the microwave. Pour into bundt pan and spread up the sides using a pastry brush.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, melt remaining butter (4 tablespoons) and mini marshmallows, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- As soon as the mixture melts and combines, add Rice Krispies, working fast to cover all cereal in marshmallow. Turn burner to low or “keep warm” setting.
- Place 1/2 of the mixture into the bundt pan and press into the bottom and up the sides, creating a well.
- Spoon marshmallow creme into the well.
- Spoon remaining Rice Krispie mixture over the fluff, covering all holes and pressing down firmly.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before inverting and transferring to a serve plate. If you remove the cake too soon, it will not have set and will fall.
- Decorate using desired colored frosting and sprinkles.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!