Cake Cone Witch Hat Recipe
Cake Cone Witch Hats are a Halloween treat that is such a fun activity to do with the kids. Everyone will love getting to make and decorate their own cupcake cone … as well as getting to eat it!
Cake Cone Witch Hats are the perfect halloween activity for kids! All you have to do is bake cake into a waffle cone, cap it with a cookie, and let them decorate their own treats!
Cake Cone Witch Hats were initially brought to my attention by my friend Nathalie. She saw them on a magazine cover while at the grocery store.
Of course, we spent an entire Sunday Sunday afternoon making our own! All adults, no kids, not weird. I swear.
We still aren’t entirely sure if the cones she spied were cake cones or not, but really, what is the point of having a frosted cone if it isn’t filled with anything?
And I am a woman who loves a good cake or cupcake, so naturally, they needed cake.
Use whatever cake you want, too! Funfetti, yes please! Chocolate, go for it. Vanilla, yes, you purist.
Unless you are a weirdo obsessed with baking cakes in bundt pans (like me!), you can bake them in stages.
Then just bake, allow them to cool and frost them (also known as the glue) and top with a Fudge Stripe cookie to seal. I like to allow mine to set a little so the “lid” doesn’t come sliding off during the decor phase.
I hope you and your family have a fun and safe Halloween, complete with Cake Cone Witch Hats!
If you loved this Halloween Dessert Recipe, be sure to check out these other easy Halloween desserts:
Tools for making Cake Cone Witch Hats:
Cake Cone Holder – If you don’t want to mess around with a DIY cake cone holder, just get a premade one!
If you are looking for even more dessert recipes, snag a copy of my Easy Dessert Recipes Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, these easy dessert recipes are ready with less than 30 minutes hands-on time and are sure to please all your family friends. From no-bake to make-ahead, you are sure to find something you love!
CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Pinterest | Instagram
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
- 24 waffle cones look for ones with an even rim
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- Ingredients to Prepare Yellow Cake Mix- see box
- 1 cup chocolate frosting
- 24 fudge stripe cookies or other favorite cookie
- Candy for decorating
- Frosting tubes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover a bundt pan with heavy duty aluminum foil, wrapping tightly. Use two layers if you are concerned about the sturdiness. Using a sharp knife poke 12 small holes around the circle. Insert waffle cones so they are secured upright for filling and baking. If you are making 24 you will only do half at a time. If you are only making 12, see note below for cake instructions.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on box. Fill each sugar cone 2/3 full. Bake on the second to lowest rack for 14-16 minutes or until tops spring back when gently pressed. Remove and allow to cool. It is okay if the cake mix has bubbled at the top. You can choose to trim this so they fit flush against the cookie or prop them on the cookie making the hat look slightly tilted.
- When cones are fully cooled, frost the cake tops with chocolate frosting, cap with a Fudge Stripe cookie. Place on a wax or parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Allow frosting to set.
- Decorate as desired.
If you’ve tried these, come back to let us know how it went!
To make only 12 cake cones and a small round cake, grease an 8-inch cake pan lightly with cooking spray. Pour remaining batter into the pan. Bake according to directions on the box for a 2 8-inch cakes. Allow cake to cool and decorate as desired.