How did Monday come around again so darn fast? I swear weekends speed by like a bullet train and weekdays just seem to drrrone on.
Creamy Cajun Pasta is seriously AH-MAZING and only takes 20 minutes! Rotini covered in a cream sauce with cajun seasoning, smoky andouille sausage, sautéed peppers, red onion and grape tomatoes.
That also means I’m making my weeknight menu and need a few quick and easy dinner ideas to get us through. Quick Creamy Cajun Pasta quickly became one of our favorite weeknight meals and I’m sure it will be one of your too!
Pasta and smoked sausage really are the way to start a quick dinner. Smoked sausages are already cooked and pasta is ready in a snap. I like to use up whatever veggies are left in the crisper from the weekend before.
Luckily, Creamy Cajun Pasta only uses a small amount of cream, which I generally have from coffee. Feel free to get crazy and add whatever ingredients you like, all those odds and ends.
I’ve also made creamy cajun pasta in a big batches to freeze and packaged for lunch the next week. It is substantial enough to keep me full without being too heavy.
The spices are delicious and provide a sweet heat, as does the sausage. You can adjust them as you please. Hubby loves things piping spicy, so I usually let him add his own crushed red pepper after the dish is done.
Creamy Cajun Pasta only takes 20 minutes to prepare, so it is the ideal weeknight meal. Smoky andouille sausage with colorful veggies and a decadent Cajun cream sauce make this flavorful and speedy super-dinner!
Even substitute chicken sausage, chicken or shrimp to cater to your family taste.
If your family is like mine and loves pasta dishes, try out some of our other favorites!
If you liked this Easy Dinner Recipe, snag a copy of my Easy Dinner Recipes Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, here is a small collection of time-saving, hearty and satisfying dinners guaranteed to get you in and out in 30 minutes or less!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small green bell pepper chopped
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 4 links andouille sausage cooked and thinly sliced
- 1 cube chicken bullion
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 4 cups San Giorgio® rotini pasta cooked*
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces grape tomato halved
- Melt butter in a large frying pan. Add green bell pepper, red onion and garlic. Saute for 3-4 minutes, or until vegetables start to soften.
- In a bowl or measuring cup, combine chicken bullion with water, whisk until dissolved (or close to). Whisk in flour.
- Add andouille sausage and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Pour in water mixture, it will get thick fast. Add Cajun seasoning and stir until mixed. Add cream until smooth.
- Toss with Rotini pasta and serve. Enjoy your Creamy Cajun Pasta!